3.2 upgade browser problem

ncis51

Jan 18, 2012
Hello, I am new to the forum, but definitely not new to tablets and computers. I have a question and hope that someone has an answer...I have an Acer Iconia a500 Tablet. Prior to performing the 3.2 upgade, I was able to connect to the internet and open the browser. After the upgrade, I can connect to the internet, but the browser will not open. It continually says "loading". I have read several threads and can't seem to find the solution. I have done the following:
*Disconnect and reconnected to internet
*Reset tablet using recessed reset button, several times
*Cleared cache and data
*Stopped applications
I am sure there is a siimple solution, but it is not coming to me. Thanks in advance for any help.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello ncis51, welcome to Android Tablets. Glad you decided to become a member of the forum. I'm going to move your thread over to the Acer Iconia Tab A500 Forum for you. The folks there are the ones who know your tablet best and hopefully will be able to help you out. Good luck.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
There is no 3.2.1 update for your A500? Browser works fine here with the latest firmware version.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Hello, I am new to the forum, but definitely not new to tablets and computers. I have a question and hope that someone has an answer...I have an Acer Iconia a500 Tablet. Prior to performing the 3.2 upgade, I was able to connect to the internet and open the browser. After the upgrade, I can connect to the internet, but the browser will not open. It continually says "loading". I have read several threads and can't seem to find the solution. I have done the following:
*Disconnect and reconnected to internet
*Reset tablet using recessed reset button, several times
*Cleared cache and data
*Stopped applications
I am sure there is a siimple solution, but it is not coming to me. Thanks in advance for any help.

First, are you sure you can access the internet?

Can you get email, and access the Android Market?
Do things like the Maps app work?

If you can not access the internet,
Delete (forget) the wifi connection, let the tablet find your router again, and log in using all the automatic
settings. (Make sure your router is broadcasting its SSID, and that you have set it to something unique).
Set the router for WPA2 if you have a choice. If you are asked to key in anything other than the password, you are doing it wrong.
Then reboot the router, and your tablet.

If you can access the internet:
Resetting the tablet will not help.
If you can access the network, open the Market app and check for updates. Download one of the free web browsers (such as Ninesky)
and see if that works. Opera Mobile is also good.
If any other browser works then you know its just something with the stock browser settings.

Clear cache and history from WITHIN in the browser and set your home page to google.com since it will always be available.
Then use the system Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, All Tab, Browser, force stop, clear Data and Cache from there as well.
Then try launching browser again.

Be sure to mention if you had any unusual settings, installed any apps from other than the market, used proxy settings, pda net, your tablet clock is wrong, or other similar symptoms.

jpinsl

Dec 3, 2011
Try installing another browser, such as Firefox, Dolphin or Opera. If that works, the problem is with the browser you are using.
If it doesn't work, then you have a WiFi problem that is preventing any Internet access.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
My Acer is back up and running...thanks to everyone for their input!

Hold on there NCIS.....

We helped you (or at least we tried), now its your turn to give back.

Post what the problem turned out to be, and how you solved it.
People find these solutions by the search or by Google, and you can pay it forward by posting the solution in this thread.

markyoung04

Dec 29, 2011
It would be cool to hear...myself I go between Firefox and dolphin but have not hit that issue yet.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

ncis51

Jan 18, 2012
Well, my solution was a little unorthodox...I got a new internet modem and installed a different browser and the acer has worked fine since. Don't know which was the problem, but I'm glad it works.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Well, my solution was a little unorthodox...I got a new internet modem and installed a different browser and the acer has worked fine since. Don't know which was the problem, but I'm glad it works.
Most probably the modem. The wireless on the A500 is 2.4GHZ. Some modems only have 5GHZ and some can do both. If something went wrong with 2.4GHZ side and 5GHZ was working you'd get no internet access from your tablet.