8" APAD GX8 - 8" iPad clone improved, first 8" Capacitive tablet

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
xYRPU.jpg

7DQaF.jpg

Found on their blog, which I do not want to link this time. So their webpage is: utopiacn.com

They decided to go with the iPad look again. Considering that this is the first 8" capacitive tablet out of Shenzhen, this is a waste of silicon. If the front button was not the iconic iPad circular button with a square, it would not be mistakened as an iPad clone right away. It does have some unique curves at the sides.

Same Freescale iMX515

This will fix the stupid resistive touchscreen shake problem present on all their units, but we need word on status of the presence of standby mode, as well as if there is a fix for the broken g-sensor in apps.

None of their tablets have seen legitimately good firmware updates, so I cannot recommend this to any buyers or vendors yet. We'll see what the price point is in a month's time.

Standby mode was witnessed in the Kinpad, so someone in China has it figured out already on the IMX515 platform. No confirmation as to whether or not it works here.

This will probably be receiving a large amount of orders. Hopefully this gives them motivation to make this a good device.

roo

Feb 26, 2011
Hi,

Thanks for the news, too bad they gave up on 4:3 ratio..I'll go for an apad, it's perfect for me: 4:3, cheap, C-A8, 512MB i don't need more.

Ju