[Review] aPad iRobot RK2818

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Sorry for the mix up.

Is it just me, or did they use the same old casing as the previous version?

This is a branded generic. Names mean next to nothing -_-.

NightLord

Dec 13, 2010
Yes they did, the casing appears to be the same as the old one: )
It's a very nice casing though!

Last edited:

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
One of the things that frustrates me is I still cannot connect this to my computer. See below:

$unknown.jpg

I downloaded a RK2818 USB driver for WinXP... and Windows wouldn't even recognize it.

$unknown2.jpg

$unknown3.jpg

Last edited:

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
NighLord: Yep through the OTG Port.... none of my computers will detect it. It's strange, as all of my computers detect my other 3 tablets.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
... bummer:

"Cannot Continue the Hardware Update Wizard"

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
You do not need drivers to connect the tablet to your computer to access the memory. You might want to check the settings menu for a 'USB OTG/Host' setting.

To save yourself the confusion, disable USB debugging.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
The odd thing is... after tinkering around I actually was able to get my laptop (Windows 7) to recognize the tablet. So i'll just use it that way. My other 3 computers (XP) at home, and the 5(4XP - 1Vista) I tested at work... nope. Very very odd...

NightLord

Dec 13, 2010
Mass storage is not enabled by default on this device, you need to pull down the top status bar or whats it called, and push "select to copy filed to/from your computer".

If you want to use adb you have to install the google drivers I posted above.

If u want to flash the ROM (with my rootable rom for eg.), you need to install the drivers you can find in this package:

http://nightlord.freeweb.hu/DevTools.zip

after putting the tablet in recovery mode (switch off the device, press and hold menu, then switch on while keeping menu button hold until windows recognizes the device).

Last edited:

tracy77

Apr 6, 2011
The odd thing is... after tinkering around I actually was able to get my laptop (Windows 7) to recognize the tablet. So i'll just use it that way. My other 3 computers (XP) at home, and the 5(4XP - 1Vista) I tested at work... nope. Very very odd...

What did you do?? I am having the exact same problem!

tracy77

Apr 6, 2011
Mass storage is not enabled by default on this device, you need to pull down the top status bar or whats it called, and push "select to copy filed to/from your computer".

If you want to use adb you have to install the google drivers I posted above.

If u want to flash the ROM (with my rootable rom for eg.), you need to install the drivers you can find in this package:

http://nightlord.freeweb.hu/DevTools.zip

after putting the tablet in recovery mode (switch off the device, press and hold menu, then switch on while keeping menu button hold until windows recognizes the device).

From off - I held down menu, plugged in usb, switched on and it only went into 'safe mode' - it wasn't recognised by my w7 laptop???

Myhre113

Sep 22, 2011
it may just be considered a genuinely unpolished product of hardware. It requires through screening to recommend tablets. the majority of those tablets look okay initially.

----------------------------------------------------
photo_600x200.jpg

training shoes