[Review] aPad iRobot RK2818

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
BTW I found out that you can connect the tablet to the PC through the OTG port, with a simple mini usb cable (not supplied).
The tablet is automaticly recognized, you can browse the "flash" folder (2,7 gigs of free space), and use adb (the latter may need the google android drivers to be installed beforehand) .

Odd... when I try this my computer complains that the USB device is Not Recognized. I have Android SDK installed, and adb works great on all my other tablets.... any ideas?

Fixed: If people have the same problem.... do the following:

With the Apad iRobot turned off, put the side on-off switch in the off position, and back to the on position.
Connect the male-USB / male-miniUSB cable to your computer.
While holding the ‘Menu’ key, plug in the miniUSB side of the cable into the Apad iRobot’s miniUSB slot closest to the 3.5 mm headset jack.

Last edited:

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
NightLord: Do you know what the apk file is called?

NightLord

Dec 13, 2010
"Home"or something like that, with a house-like icon. It appears only in application management, not in the launcher.

Sent from my rk2818sdk using Tapatalk

Li0nHeart

Dec 26, 2010
I think there is a 2.2 firmware for your device, check this post on a chinese website
Before flashing i would edit the update.img to use your own kernel.img and bootloader if you want to try it. Like Xaueious says, and I want to say again don't flash it right away. The wrong bootloader may brick your device. The wrong kernel.img will just not work with your device.

I made a (beta) froyo rom for it on slatedroid. As far as I can tell it's genuine froyo. I have a wopad, so slightly different from your device, and 90% works.

The firmware posted on the chinese site boots in Chinese.. the button with A in settings and then the top settings allows you to select English.
After a reboot the icon names are also in English.

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Padbbs is a 7" variant.

Don't flash it straight.

That's a community I also frequent.

NightLord

Dec 13, 2010
It would be nice to have a copy of our original image (which we dont have) before trying to experiment flashing anything on the device anyways

Sent from my rk2818sdk using Tapatalk

gogogubbins

Feb 9, 2011
Dear friend,
I have the same tablet but I think the sw has gone bad. Is it possible to get a dump of your rom image here. Please. I could not find any other rom that seems to work on this tablet.

NightLord

Dec 13, 2010
After some research, I've concluded that the device is manufactured by Moonse ( ????? ), under the product name of E-X8 (you can see a sticker that has E-X8 written on it on the back of the device - see the flash advertisment on the moonse website for E-X8).

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Moonse just happened to brand it. It's a generic device. Moonse happens to call it the E-X8here

Last edited: