ALERT 4.010.10 UPDATE just appeared on my tab...

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Title says it all.

Installing, will update this post with results....

It downloaded, started install, unzipped, and then rebooted.
Green Robot with gears turning, while it rebooted, then another boot up and
I now have Acer_A500_4.01.10_COM_GEN2 Kernel 2.6.36.3.

So far so good.

If It matters I'm located in Washington State, got my 16 Gig tab from Best Buy, pre-ordered, so I probably have a low serial number. YMMV

Last edited:

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
People have suggested that Acer was going to release an update that fixed problems that some where having with WiFi....perhaps that is what this does????

hunted

Jul 4, 2011
Title says it all.

Installing, will update this post with results....

It downloaded, started install, unzipped, and then rebooted.
Green Robot with gears turning, while it rebooted, then another boot up and
I now have Acer_A500_4.01.10_COM_GEN2 Kernel 2.6.36.3.

So far so good.

If It matters I'm located in Washington State, got my 16 Gig tab from Best Buy, pre-ordered, so I probably have a low serial number. YMMV
It should be your update to 3.1 Honeycomb it kicks F*****g A** my track ball works now it didn,t before this is sweet sweet honet from the comb........lmao this just keeps getting better

chili_red

Apr 27, 2011
Anyone notice what the file size was when they were downloading, mine was close to 50mb so it's not a full system update, but I was running the leaked 4.010.07 version already.

LabShark

Jul 7, 2011
Just getting mine now....................350+ MB. Wow! I already 3.1 as well................I thought.

Last edited:

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Maybe some of us HAD different releases, and therefore need to get different patches, or if they
can't tell what release we have (for what ever reason) it defaults to a full load.

No clue how big mine was (It downloaded so fast I didn't notice).

I now have 010.10_COM_GEN2

Did AQ and Labshark get the same version?

gerryex

Apr 30, 2011
Hi ALL,

I had gotten the 3.1 update, but I've only hooked up to my home Wi Fi and so far have not had a problem. But I'm leaving for a trip to Europe tomorrow and I was worrried that I may have a problem connecting to other Wi Fi networks so I've been following all the workarounds and made sure I brought along a few paper clips!!

Then I saw this thread and I agonized over whether or not I should allow the update, if it even was offered to me. Although I've had no problem with any of the updates and my A500 is stock with no roots or other mods, I'm always concerned about updates that might fail or even worse not allow the unit to operate.

So I turned it on and closed my eyes and asked it if it had an update (I had even turned off the auto-update) and indeed it said an update was available. It was about 47 Mbytes so again I closed my eyes and told it to do the update. As other described before there was now an animated Android with gears and the whole process took about 5 minutes.

Then it re-booted . . . . and . . . . it came back up, immediatedly connected to my home Wi Fi and said the update was successful!! So I'm still bringing my paper clips but hopefully this update fixed the possible probem with the Wi Fi and we can all return to enjoying using our tablets!!

Gerry

jhelms4461

May 1, 2011
Tried 4 times to install, failed 4 times, have resorted to factory reset and have taken out sd card, still failing to update, any ideas ??