Any trick to get Netflix to install on my 7024?

mrnobones

Jun 4, 2011
I first did the old market install from the sticky, but the update failed to run and I had full access to the old market.

Next I ran the new market installers as described in the other thread, and got the new marketplace running, and my device is shown as registered on the android marketplace web interface, but as a t-mobile device.

Every app I've tried to install so far has worked, except with Netflix I get the error that it's not compatible with my device.

Any ideas?

beastman

May 8, 2011
Edit the build.prop and change the manufacture to HTC. At least that's what it took on my GTablet.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

mrnobones

Jun 4, 2011
Edit the build.prop and change the manufacture to HTC. At least that's what it took on my GTablet.

I'm brand new to the Android scene. How do I edit this? Do I need to root first?

beastman

May 8, 2011
I assumed you were already rooted. Yes, you need to be rooted to edit that file. It is actually /system/build.prop.

I changed ro.product.manufacturer= watever to ro.product.manufacturer=HTC

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

mrnobones

Jun 4, 2011
Try this... MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

If you find problems then try this... MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

But the first should work for you as it did for me.

ran each one individually then rebooted, ran marketplace app, then went to web market because netflix doesn't show up in the market app. Each time same result, it won't install.

I think the problem is that when I registered my device to my marketplace account, it saw it as manufactured by SIC or something like that. Now it has my downloads limited by what the device is registered in my account as.

mrnobones

Jun 4, 2011
I assumed you were already rooted. Yes, you need to be rooted to edit that file. It is actually /system/build.prop.

I changed ro.product.manufacturer= watever to ro.product.manufacturer=HTC

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

I'm not nearly confident enough to try to root this thing. Seems quite risky at this point.

mrnobones

Jun 4, 2011
see you can tell how new I am. I thought the APKs would let me download from marketplace, didn't realize they were installing the app for me. lol.

mrnobones

Jun 4, 2011
com.netflix.mediaclient-2.apk worked for me after uninstalling the previous netflix.

thanks again!

beastman

May 8, 2011
You're welcome. My Evo got gingerbread last night (not rooted) and it broke my Netflix. They are working on it.

Cozz

May 30, 2011
see you can tell how new I am. I thought the APKs would let me download from marketplace, didn't realize they were installing the app for me. lol.

Yes an APK is similar to an EXE. You can download them on your PC, transfer them to your SD card then install them using an installer app on the tablet. You can search for apps on the net. You really don't need market but it does make life easier to get certain apps.

beastman

May 8, 2011
XDA is a good place to start. If installing from anyplace but the market, you'll need to allow unknown sources.