Anyone else having problems with apps updates?

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
thanks for that. Just informed the other members of this household who have more that one gmail account.

illum51

Nov 5, 2011
I'm still having this same problem (and now have 20 apps awaiting updates). Tried the clearing of all relevant app caches. Anyone found a fix for this?

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
try this:
Turn off tablet
holding the volume up button power up the tablet. Do not take you finger of the volume up until it has booted into the lock screen.
Turn off the Tablet. Restart tablet again as per normal.
Let it download update. You may get a different message now. if you do power down and wait 30 minutes.
Turn on tablet, download and it should be fine.

ILH

Oct 31, 2011
I was experiencing this over the weekend. However, despite having version 3.2, I don't believe that was the problem as I was able to download and update my tablet after having 3.2 installed on it. I corresponded with Acer's tech support - who gave me the sage advice to try and improve my signal from my wireless (yea, right - gee, never thought of that).

After waiting a day, I finally took the final act and reset to factory. All is solved now. Thankfully it is a relatively new tablet and I hadn't downloaded any paid apps yet. Although I had lots of hours of setup lost....

And by the way, I'm still running 3.2 - and since its working perfectly now, it can't be the version that caused it. It must have been an errant app.

ahclem

Jul 25, 2011
Yea cleared cache, uninstalled/reinstalled apps. Nothing worked so far.

But when you uninstall/install, you get the updated App. That's probably the best way to update the Apps that don't require special manual file configuration nor have manual databases that you can't backup.

Have you powered off/on the Acer? I know it seems obvious, but it's something I don't always think to try.

I only have one flakey App remaining. It's called "msecure". On update, it "fails to connect". I went for over a month like that, before I simply tried to update again after the error pops up. Persistence is all it takes for that one, just attempt to update a 2nd time. If it happens to all your Apps (which I guess is what this topic is about), it might be different, but I'm just throwing ideas out there.

Am I the only one annoyed by constant indeterminate "updates"? "Fix Bug In Samsung Galaxy", "Fixed Some Minor Issues", stuff like that (does a given Update do anything useful for Acer?). I really would prefer the bugs get ironed out BEFORE they sell the App. In case nobody's noticed, Updates are a little stressful at times. :p

Last edited:

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Just received another System update tonight. 3.2.1 and yeah no problems. It downloaded fine and installed fine too. I wish they'd give us release notes.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Just received another System update tonight. 3.2.1 and yeah no problems. It downloaded fine and installed fine too. I wish they'd give us release notes.

Douvie: This is pretty big news, why not start a new thread on this.

Its not been seen here in the US yet.
Does it have the new market? (Checking market versions can only be done from /settings/applications/all)