Anything users need to do initiate ICS update on Acer Iconia A 500

amitabh

Jan 8, 2012
I am in Richmond VA. Bought A 500 in late November. Have not got ICS update yet. Wonder whether there is sthg I am or was supposed to do that I did not do, which is causing this. I am not certain whether I went through complete registration formalities with Acer after purchasing the unit. Any suggestions will be great.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

bishop793

Oct 2, 2011
Your update should be ota. Did u go to settings/about/update?

Sent from my A100 using Android Tablet Forum

amitabh

Jan 8, 2012
Yes, it just says your system is uptodate

MrBlazito

May 8, 2011
Make sure you have the UPDATER Enhancement update downloaded. I was waiting for my ICS update too. I went to appstore and manually downloaded the Updater enhancement update. Then manually checked for system update, and ICS update popped up :)

detz

Jan 3, 2012
sfpx... if you do as MrBlazito said to do, you will then have ver.3.2.1

amitabh

Jan 8, 2012
I keep on getting message of "network coverage is currently poor, ....." when I try to force system update. Wireless signal is strong. I tried connecting to a different network at different location too. Wonder whether this is a problem at Acer end.

Feb 17, 2012
I am having the same problem with it saying network coverage is currently poor. I tried hitting the update several times in the last 2 days and it would say up to date now I just get this message. Any ideas.

detz

Jan 3, 2012
sfpx... after you installed Enhancement, did you manually check to update? After i installed Enhancement, i had it check for updates...it updated, then i checked for updates again...and it gave me another update which put me at ver. 3.2.1

amitabh

Jan 8, 2012
I think whatever was preventing the update got fixed last night. I was able to update it last night.

Feb 17, 2012
So I can finally can download update but I cant install it evertime I hit install it says update invalid update cancelled anyone else seeing this.

Feb 17, 2012
Ok nevermind I shut off the tablet and and when I turned it back on it installed. I do have to say though I think I may have been a little too excited my home screen doesnt look any different I mean only a little bit. I guess I'll have to play with it a little bit