APAD w/ Android 2.1 Telechips TCC8902 (Pandawill G10, Wiipad Slim Plus, Haipad M701)

codf4therq

Aug 27, 2010
I assume issuing the "adb devices" command returns nothing? Are you using the usb port closest to the MicroSD port?

skycop51

Sep 9, 2010
see your point, but many do not have or not for a $600+ ipad and do not mind tinkering a bit and reading here how to update systems.

RodSter

Sep 5, 2010
What version of Windows are you using and is it 32 or 64 bit? If you go into device manager after connecting your tablet do you see any entries under "unknown device"?

Sorry mate I should provide more details.

I am using Windows XP 32 bit, I installed the drivers and the Device is showing under hardware devices normally. I was able to update Firmware to #370 so I know the cable is working and the device is communicating with the laptop. It's just very strange because everything appears fine. Very weird.

RodSter

Sep 5, 2010
Sorry mate I should provide more details.

I am using Windows XP 32 bit, I installed the drivers and the Device is showing under hardware devices normally. I was able to update Firmware to #370 so I know the cable is working and the device is communicating with the laptop. It's just very strange because everything appears fine. Very weird.

I feel dumb :) The problem was with Java. I installed Java and everything went fine. My G10 is now rooted :) Thanks for your help!

Juggernaut

Aug 22, 2010
Looks like the only main difference between the G10 and the G12 is the G12 has an HDMI port. No biggie in my opinion!
For me its a big plus but maybe the G12 will have more revisions then the G10 as it was supposed to be the second batch of G10's when the G10 came out. Maybe they will only fix a HDMI port up but well see it when it comes out :)

RodSter

Sep 5, 2010
Ugh, now my Market stopped working, it just sticks on downloading and does not download. Any ideas on how to fix this guys?

kitorc

Sep 6, 2010
Okay Guys, i am sorry to ask this now but I really need to cause my englisch is not really good so i cant read AND understand all the 17 pages before.

I have gotten my E7002 today from Merimobiles and I am very pleased.
Its the one with the black Back.
Now i have read that there is a new firware for this pad.

- How do i find out which Firmware is on my Pad NOW?
- Can I really use a USB Internet Stick or what does you mean with 3G Support? (Which Sticks?)
- Is it harder to update the pad then upgrading the E7001?Is there an instruction which 100% works?

Thats my Questions so far

Would be great if someone could answer :)

rb94301

Sep 12, 2010
Hi Folks thanks for a great helpful forum,
just wanted to check and see if anyone has been able to reduce the size of font & everything visually on the G10

thanks

Last edited:

RodSter

Sep 5, 2010
Hi Folks thanks for a great helpful forum,
just wanted to check and see if anyone has been able to reduce the size of font & everything visually on the G10

thanks

First you need to root your device. Once you have done that, download the LCD Density changer apk from the internet or market and install it on your device.

Run the program and choose your density. I use 180 and it suits my needs.

Simple :)