APAD w/ Android 2.1 Telechips TCC8902 (Pandawill G10, Wiipad Slim Plus, Haipad M701)

ColonelZap

Sep 16, 2010
mr zap you do not pu the mid in frimware flashing mode for rooting.
1. switch the unit on and boot
2. make sure usb debugging mode is ticked (enableed) in settings, applications, developement
3. plug in your usb cable to mid and pc I assume you have all the necessary drivers
4. open command prompt again i assume you are familiar with adb commands
5. point dirtectory with cd command to the folder with the rooting files
6. make sure you have connection with command adb devices
7. you can then type your rrot .bat or simply double click on the root.bat file to run it.
8 reboot you mid and you are rooted

Thank you so much, now I'm even more confused :(

1. switch the unit on and boot
2. make sure usb debugging mode is ticked (enableed) in settings, applications, developement

Check, even I get this ;)

3. plug in your usb cable to mid and pc I assume you have all the necessary drivers

I don't have the slightest clue if I have all the necessary drivers? The only driver I installed was the one that came with the FWDN software.

4. open command prompt again i assume you are familiar with adb commands

No, I am not :( I don't even know what adb commands are:confused::(

5. point dirtectory with cd command to the folder with the rooting files

Which rooting files do you mean? You mean all the files that are included in the root_setcpu_X5A_v2.zip? I copied the entire contant into the root directory of my C hard disc.

6. make sure you have connection with command adb devices

Excuse me? I don't understand a word :(

7. you can then type your rrot .bat or simply double click on the root.bat file to run it.
8 reboot you mid and you are rooted

THAT I think I can manage to do ;)

I am SO sorry and I feel completely dumb, but this is the first time EVER I'm trying to do something like this, no Android / rooting or whatever experience or knowlede here :eek:

If anyone is interested, this is how the 9.15 FW looks like:

M701 9.15 Firmware Pictures, M701 9.15 Firmware Images, M701 9.15 Firmware Photos, M701 9.15 Firmware Videos - Video - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

ywk69

Aug 18, 2010
Google translation description of latest firmware:

M701 Latest firmware
Software Language: English
File Size: 10
Finishing Date: 2010/9/17
Downloads: 2165
:: Download::

:: Download Description::

Statement: The new firmware and some BUG, please understand that we have been improving the past few days will continue to update the firmware upload. Process 14 3G also impossible, to customers and friends for any inconvenience caused to express regret.

M701 latest firmware to support WCDMA and EVDO:
EVDO list:
HUAWEI EC122 ZTE AC2766 ZTE AC580 SINCOM SE 189-U
Gemtek W3GUBV-100
WCDMA list:
HUAWEI E180 HUAWEI E1750

Upgrade instructions a little bit different, and on the WIFI MAC ADDRESS set piece, please upgrade to record their own WIFI MAC ADDRESS, in the setting, WIFI advanced options where you can find; to fill OUI / NIC value, fill in the line of control.

As the web server problem, temporarily on the hard disk firmware on the network;

Links: 2010.09.15PM22?05????.rar - 115??U?-????|??????

I flashed this rom but it wouldn't boot after completing the upgrade. Anyone encountered this as well and has found a way to overcome this problem?

ColonelZap

Sep 16, 2010
I flashed this rom but it wouldn't boot after completing the upgrade. Anyone encountered this as well and has found a way to overcome this problem?

I had the same problem, then I used the NAND Data.fai file from the 08.25 firmware and it worked :)

You (and anyone else new to ADB) should go to the attached link and get familiar with ADB before trying to root the device.

[GUIDE] ADB, Fastboot, and Nandroid for Noobs

Thanks, I'll check it out :)

Edit: It worked!!!!!! :):):):):)

Now the question is what kind of density value I should use?

Last edited:

codf4therq

Aug 27, 2010
Do you find that some games or programe gets distorted. They can't seem able to scale to the lower density settings?

For example games like UNBLOCK ME and a programe NIGHT STAND appear in a smaller size than before I change the DPI. I have tried 180, 190, ... 220. They all exibit the same character.

I haven't done a thorough test on it yet, but for the apps I used things worked fine (browser, facebook, twitter, kindle). I'll try some games over the weekend and report back.

apadjet13

Aug 20, 2010
can somone please mirror the new firmware as i have downloadedit it many times but get a crc error on the unzippinh of the files with winrar, winzip or 7zip

vwtazz

Sep 12, 2010
I had the same problem,tried all comression utilities but when I did it on my "XP" box the same file worked the first time. I flash wih the same machine so I can't imagin why I didn't do that first. winrar sucks anyway so why do people still use tlit?
If you don't have an XP box you might try using the program in compatability mode...
K.C.

ywk69

Aug 18, 2010
I had the same problem, then I used the NAND Data.fai file from the 08.25 firmware and it worked :)

Tried your suggestion. Does not work for me. I noticed the NAND Data.fai from the 08.25 firmware is only 720k which is about half the size of the latest file.

vwtazz

Sep 12, 2010

Tried your suggestion. Does not work for me. I noticed the NAND Data.fai from the 08.25 firmware is only 720k which is about half the size of the latest file.

When I flashed with FW#914 update the first time FWDN resized my NAND partition. The pad would not boot so I used the just the NAND.fai from FW#370 in place of the one that came with #914 then flashed #914 again and it worked fine. I also used the same #370 NAND.fai when I flashed #915 with no problems.
Hope this helps.
K.C.

apadjet13

Aug 20, 2010
i have flashed both firmwares this week. both in case of responsivness are great . the market does not work quite right fror me showing no apps that are applicable but i am able to use the search and install apps.
the major problem is battery life it drains within an hours use. with or without wifi. i used to get about three hours or so.
Also on both firmwares i have been unable to restore backup sets with my backup pro.
i like the improvment to touch and responsiveness and also the new home button but the other basic functions do not work. i will have to revert to an older firmware untill they iron out the so called bugs

ColonelZap

Sep 16, 2010
Yet another update?!?

9-18PM15.rar - 115??U?-????|??????

[FONT=����][FONT=����]Statement: The new firmware and some BUG, please understand that we have been improving the past few days will continue to update the firmware upload. Process 14 3G also impossible, to customers and friends for any inconvenience caused to express regret.
[FONT=����]M701 latest firmware to support WCDMA and EVDO:[/FONT]
EVDO list:
HUAWEI EC122 ZTE AC2766 ZTE AC580 SINCOM SE 189-U

Gemtek W3GUBV-100

WCDMA list:
HUAWEI E180 HUAWEI E1750
[FONT=����]Upgrade instructions a little bit different, and on the WIFI MAC ADDRESS set piece, please upgrade to record their own WIFI MAC ADDRESS, in the setting, WIFI advanced options where you can find; to fill OUI / NIC value, fill in the line of control.[/FONT]
[FONT=����]As the web server problem, temporarily on the hard disk firmware on the network;[/FONT]
[FONT=����]Links:http://u.115.com/file/f4ef4fa7df[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
EDIT: I just flashed the 9.18 fw, is that a joke????? It's got the old (and slow!) menu back and also the Gallery is back to the old 2D one :(

$CIMG4809.jpg$CIMG4810.jpg

Edit 2: No more multi touch in the gallery but still in the browser.

Last edited:

codf4therq

Aug 27, 2010
Yet another update?!?

9-18PM15.rar - 115??U?-????|??????

EDIT: I just flashed the 9.18 fw, is that a joke????? It's got the old (and slow!) menu back and also the Gallery is back to the old 2D one :(

View attachment 152View attachment 153

Edit 2: No more multi touch in the gallery but still in the browser.

LauncherPro and Gallery3D are available in the Market if you want them. Its generally not a good idea to cook in market apps because they can't be updated through the market once cooked in. LauncherPro folks may also have complained about being cooked in, I'm not sure the legal status of their free version. Most rom projects (eg CyanogenRom) have switched over to ADW.