APAD w/ Android 2.1 Telechips TCC8902 (Pandawill G10, Wiipad Slim Plus, Haipad M701)

TheTrueJay20

Sep 27, 2010
Hi Folks i have a got the nupad android 2.2 arriving next week, i wanted to see if there is a way i can rip the firmware, to flash my g10 with it , then i can upload as well for everyone since pandawill is taking forever to release it.

thanks

That's great because I was a little pissed I just bought the G10 and then found the NuPad but its all good!! I hope we can get the ripped firmware to work :D

And that was me bugging Pandawill about the 2.2 on the G10 lol

MortisTortis

Sep 28, 2010
I followed the instruction on page 19 of this thread really well but I'm in a situation where when (after going through all the steps), the green android guy doesn't go away from the boot screen after restarting it... I used FWDN_V7_v2.09.exe with the related files... any suggestions on how to get things back up and running at least?

Purple8

Sep 27, 2010
Hi
Is it right that its just the software upgrade that enables the multi touch.
Also are they all remote capable or is it just the new release
thanks
Bumping my own question.
Looking at some differant sites at mo some dont claim multitouch. so hence my question..

MortisTortis

Sep 28, 2010
I followed the instruction on page 19 of this thread really well but I'm in a situation where when (after going through all the steps), the green android guy doesn't go away from the boot screen after restarting it... I used FWDN_V7_v2.09.exe with the related files... any suggestions on how to get things back up and running at least?

I just applied the 9/18 build to see if that would fix things and now it is frozen on start-up screen... (the little girl looking up at the green android in the sky).
Looking for any help or suggestions... thanks!

jschlosser

Sep 9, 2010
Hey All,

I just got my g10 from pandwill yesterday and it looks like it's a slightly newer model with new firmware.

I have no chinese apps on mine and the battery doesn't drain in an hour.

Here's what mine says:

Kernel: 2.6.29 #223

Build# styleflying ver. 20100919-105155

Is this a 919 new firmware?

The touch is pretty quick, but I believe I have lost multitouch.

As I said I just got it and am going to test the batter some more since I've only charged it once.

It also came with the EU/US adapter which was very nice.

ywk69

Aug 18, 2010
Does anyone know of any portable battery pack that can be used to recharge the Haipad M701, HSG X5A or Archos 7 Home Tablet?

fun

Aug 19, 2010

freeder

Aug 20, 2010
attachment.php
got new tablet Xpad F518 Android 2.1 Tablet with Camera Accelerometer

Wholesale Xpad F518 Android 2.1 Tablet with Camera Accelerometer From China | Tablet | From China

Doesn't look much different than Haipad 701

Sent from my M701 using Tapatalk

jhysom

Sep 29, 2010
I was finally able to get FDWN to flash #370 under Windows 7 32-bit. With the #370 build the touch screen is much, much more responsive. Using the steps below I also had no problems with the market after the flash. Thanks to ascottk for figuring out the USB file System trick to get FWDN going. Here's the rest of my process/tips:

#1) Download the #370 rom from http://u.115.com/file/t48c2da3a5.
#2) Extract the M701.rar rom and navigate inside until you find the folder labeled "Android烧录工具". This is the FWDN folder. Rename it to "FWDN" and move it to the root of a drive (I used "e:\FDWN\"). Right click the "FWDN.exe" file and select "properties", and then go to the "compatibility" tab. Set it to run with administrator privileges.
#3) Inside the FWDN folder is another called "vtcdrv". Run the file inside called "VTC Driver Installer v5.00 for 2000_XP.exe" to install the drivers for your tablet. Do not run the uninstaller.
#4) Capture your Mac address before flashing (I got mine from my router). In the "Tools\Options\Target" menu of FWDN, select the "WiFi Mac Address" option and set the OUI field to 0x and the first half of your Mac, NIC to 0x and the second half. For example if your mac address is 20:59:A0:03:14:68, the OUI value is 0x2059A0 and the NIC value is 0x031468. Check the do not auto-increment option and make sure everything else on the Target tab is unchecked.
#5) Add the files you want to flash to the default tab in FWDN (you should have a .rom, .img & .fai file). Select `DEBUG-LEVEL Format before download` from the drop-down in the bottom right corner of the Default tab.
#6) Power down your device.
#7) Attach the device to the usb cable and plug it into your computer (device is still turned off at this point). I used a USB cable with no fuses (this likely made no difference).
#8) Press and hold the menu button and turn the power switch to "on". It should halt at the boot screen, if you see the green android icon you were not fast enough. Toggle power off and start over at step 5.
#9) FWDN at this point should come up with a probing window. Mine was completely white with no details inside it (this means it is not working). At this point on advice from ascottk, I attached my HTC windows Mobile phone to my computer in Disk Usage Mode (not Active Sync - that did not work). ascottk used a camera, which I also tried but that did not work for me. You can also use a plain flash drive to jump start this step.
#10) The Area Map section of FDWN should now show a partition listed as NAND Data. Click on that area in FWDN to open the Image Creation Dialog. Select your "NAND Data.fai" file again (same one you added earlier, and name the image NAND Data. You can leave the image type as fat. Select the Create Image file at the bottom of the screen. Click OK when prompted and you should be back to the main FWDN screen (default tab).
#11) Click the Start button in FWDN. At this point I got the empty white screen again. I ejected my phone and remounted it and the flash process started automatically. Once the flash is complete (box in FWDN turns green), toggle your power switch off, then on, and press the center button to restart the device.

Optional Notes:
a) you can root the device using the package from here (Created by Asure for the HSG (X5A/X6) & Pandawill G11, but works for us as well)

Please help. I have tried multiple .rar filesfollowed the directions and the problem I am having is I can Add File in FWDN.exe. I used WinRAR to extract files to C:, changed Wifi selectMac Address to 0x2059A0 and Nic 0x031468, Apply, select lkhaina.rom file... press add and nothing drops down. Since the unit (HaiPad 2.1 Mid701) will not perform a factory reset, i am flashing the rom from 329 to 370.

Thanks

juched

Jul 11, 2010
Hey All,

I just got my g10 from pandwill yesterday and it looks like it's a slightly newer model with new firmware.

I have no chinese apps on mine and the battery doesn't drain in an hour.

Here's what mine says:

Kernel: 2.6.29 #223

Build# styleflying ver. 20100919-105155

Is this a 919 new firmware?

The touch is pretty quick, but I believe I have lost multitouch.

As I said I just got it and am going to test the batter some more since I've only charged it once.

It also came with the EU/US adapter which was very nice.

This seems to be the styleflying device. Fond that thread for more discussion. I would love to get my hands on that firmware.