APAD w/ Android 2.1 Telechips TCC8902 (Pandawill G10, Wiipad Slim Plus, Haipad M701)

koppit

Apr 26, 2010
Hi koppit

while I appreciate your instructions, you were just trying to help right? Well the instructions are inaccurate and should be amended. I'm not angry with you, this is my fault, I should have been less lazy and relied completely on your instructions.

I did the update with the power supply plugged in.

What I need now is help on restoring my brick...

Is it recognized by the software if you hold down the home button (not the power button too), and plug in the usb cable? If you have those three files sitting in the window ready to write to it, it should at least write the bootloader to it.

cdndave

Aug 29, 2010
I will try tonight - can you tell me how big your NAND Data.fai file is? mine is 721 kb, I'm worried that it is corrupt or faulty. Maybe you can send it to me... I'll PM my email addy if you are willing

Is it recognized by the software if you hold down the home button (not the power button too), and plug in the usb cable? If you have those three files sitting in the window ready to write to it, it should at least write the bootloader to it.

iamdestruktor

Aug 31, 2010
Hello, new to androidtablets.net but long time reader!! Thanks for all the info but i'm still stuck on the main question.

Out of these 3 (Herotab, Pandawill g10, and Mooonse) which one would be the better buy? I'm leaning towards Herotab but it doesn't have a camera. Any suggestions? Thanks!

cdndave

Aug 29, 2010
Hello, new to androidtablets.net but long time reader!! Thanks for all the info but i'm still stuck on the main question.

Out of these 3 (Herotab, Pandawill g10, and Mooonse) which one would be the better buy? I'm leaning towards Herotab but it doesn't have a camera. Any suggestions? Thanks!

I believe the g10 and the Moonse are the same (Hiapad M701), the Herotab is another beast. Not sure how useful the cam is on these things, so may not be a deciding factor for you. I really liked the Herotab (a MIDX6 or X5a I believe), I nixed it because of the lack of a working G sensor

D

wentzeric

Aug 18, 2010

I have a G10 and the camera could really mean squat. IMO you need to consider processor speed and Ram speed and work your way down your list of wants from there. I like my G10 but just if I could get a emulator running well on it would mean the difference. I hear the for the price a Herotab is good but really at this point tablets are about to take off, so in 3-4 months time you will have a tablet with prolly twice the usability.

jimmcghee

Aug 31, 2010
Just have to chyme in on this conversation - I got my demo unit and needed to flash it, so here's the procedure I used successfully.

This is what I'm doing (updated)

0) Make sure you have your device ac adapter plugged in at all times.

1) Start With the M701 disconnected from the PC
2) Run VTC Driver Installer v5.00 for 2000_XP.EXE, complete the installation.
3) Copy FWDN_V7_CFG.ini to WINDOWS folder (note: it will add the following to the drop-down selection menu - "DEBUG-LEVEL format before download" and "DEBUG-LEVEL format & verification before download".)
4) Run FWDN_V7_v2.09.exe, choose the "DEBUG-LEVEL format & verification before download" option.
5) add the lkhania.rom to the file path list in FWDN
6) add the tcc8900_mtd_haina.img (or tcc8900_mtd.img) to the file path list in FWDN
7) add the NAND Data.fai to the file path list in FWDN
7) set the following in tools, options: In the "OUI" field enter 0x2059A0, "NIC" field enter 0x031468. Make sure you only check "insert wifi mac address".
8) slide power switch off then on
9) hold down the power and menu (home) button, and while doing that, attach the pad to the computer with usb cable (in the usb port closest to the microsd port). It will stay at the HAIPAD screen, and begin loading the files.
10) You can stop holding the buttons, then click NAND Data in the area map
11) Name the partition, choose the same NAND data file (it will ask you if you want to replace it, yes you do) and click create image. It will utilize ALL the free space in your device for a disk partition.
12) click start in FWDN. Wait until it completes, the window will go green. Slide off and on, then turn it on.

Now you get to go through setup in chinese, hope you remember the buttons to press! Calibrate the screen, and go find setup. Fifth from the bottom is language options [A]. First option is set locale. Choose your preferred language.

Hope this helps.

Brendan
androidtablets.ca

I keep trying this but get stuck at #10. The boot loader loads but the Aera Map still shows 'Unknown'.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Jim

cdndave

Aug 29, 2010
I keep trying this but get stuck at #10. The boot loader loads but the Aera Map still shows 'Unknown'.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Jim

I had the same problem, if you keep the buttons down to long it seems to go into USB storage mode. As soon as you get 2 lines of text, remove your fingers from the button. My flash seems to have worked! I'm booting now - where as before I had a blank screen.

D

iamdestruktor

Aug 31, 2010
Ok another dumb noob question: How would i upgrade the firmware/Android OS if there's a new one out? Is that even possible - to get the latest version of Android?

jimmcghee

Aug 31, 2010
I had the same problem, if you keep the buttons down to long it seems to go into USB storage mode. As soon as you get 2 lines of text, remove your fingers from the button. My flash seems to have worked! I'm booting now - where as before I had a blank screen.

D

I was hoping that was it, but no joy. Still sticks at the HAIPAD screen with 'unknown' in the Area Map.