Cell Standby

SikYou

Dec 25, 2010
Look at your battery usage, if cell standby is there and using a large % of your battery then this might help. I have no cell service and therefore no cell standby ;)

Sent from my GSBv1.5-ERIS

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
Have you tried this yet?

I was thinking about trying this. I keep my tablet in airplane mode, but this would be even better if I could just remove the phone. I have nettalk on my tablet and don't plan on ever adding a cell/data plan to my tablet. I was just going to see if anyone saw a change. I may give it a shoot tonight.

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
OK, so was I bored at lunch so I tried this through terminal emulator and can confirm it did NOT work for me. On the reboot I got a bunch of errors and then everything looked fine. Then I went in to take my tablet out of airplane mode and it would just try to do it, but would not. Then I tried to use the power button to turn the screen off and nothing. Then I went back in to terminal emulator and I could not get super user permissions. I went in to root explorer and renamed the files back to .apk and did a battery pull. On the reboot, no problems and everything works correctly again. It is a great idea, but I think there is too much tied to these for us to be able to do it.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Be careful renaming Phone.apk. There are programs that depend on some of its methods. You can safely rename TelephonyProvider.apk, but you'll get a FC loop and will have to reboot. After that's been done, you'll have to test your gsm data to make sure TelephonyProvider.apk wasn't serving your data connection.