ClockworkMod Recovery with Touch Support for Allwinner A10-based Tablet

dickerpatti

May 4, 2012
Hi, I have a Zixoon A71. There, the program only runs on Android 2.3.4. When I start the program under 4.0.3 I have an empty field. Does anyone know a solution?

Translated with Google;-)

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
Hi, I have a Zixoon A71. There, the program only runs on Android 2.3.4. When I start the program under 4.0.3 I have an empty field. Does anyone know a solution?

Translated with Google;-)

Dont waste your time. Romkit nor this CWM will not work on ICS.

Lexridge

May 10, 2012
I have read this entire thread, and because I am running ICS on a Polaroid PMID701i-10 (stock ROM), I understand it is not usable for me.

However, will this all be eventually incorporated into the official ROM Manager app, or is this a completely separate project? ROM Manager does correctly identify my tablet, but says unless I manually have installed CWM first, it cannot do anything...YET.

thx

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
I have read this entire thread, and because I am running ICS on a Polaroid PMID701i-10 (stock ROM), I understand it is not usable for me.

However, will this all be eventually incorporated into the official ROM Manager app, or is this a completely separate project? ROM Manager does correctly identify my tablet, but says unless I manually have installed CWM first, it cannot do anything...YET.

thx

No, this has nothing to do with Rom Manager or have any affliation.

keba

Apr 22, 2012
No, this has nothing to do with Rom Manager or have any affliation.
Dear Killerkink,

Can you kindly help write a little guide how to compile a touch recovery for any Allwinner A10 device? (base on your works) AFAIK, kindlefire have the same Touch CWM as we do have here!

Huge thanks for your contribution!

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
Dear Killerkink,

Can you kindly help write a little guide how to compile a touch recovery for any Allwinner A10 device? (base on your works) AFAIK, kindlefire have the same Touch CWM as we do have here!

Huge thanks for your contribution!

If you wish to do your own recovery, there is a lot of examples available. The touch feature is not my codes as I got it from here:

[Sources] CWM Based Recovery On-Screen Touch Navigation Controls [Team UtterChaos] - xda-developers

Do go through it and it should help you to compile one for your tablet.

btw, I wont have time to compile steps by steps guide, there is already a lot of information on the net, do make full use of it. The best way to learn is to get your hand dirty and keep trying.

Dec 12, 2011
I see. Unfortunately, the partitions are non-standard so I will not be able to support your tablet.

Sorry, already not easy to work on the thing without the tablet and that diffference does make it worst. I know it can be overcome but its not the configuration that I will be working on.

Hi, i am from Brazil and i have a tablet so similar to nizar07. do you can help us , learning how to make this recovery? How to make this recovery. I use adb all times, dd, busybox, i know the partitions to this tablet. I need your help to try to help others and create our recovery. Thanks
[email protected]

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
I'm sorry I do not want to disturb it, but the source is available?
I understand that even if you do not...:eek:;)

No, I am not releasing the source for KKRomkit. Beside, its just doing simple commands. Shouldnt be difficult for an android app developer to make one.
If you are interested in the CWM sources(touch inclusive), all are available in the above link that I have posted.

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
Hi, i am from Brazil and i have a tablet so similar to nizar07. do you can help us , learning how to make this recovery? How to make this recovery. I use adb all times, dd, busybox, i know the partitions to this tablet. I need your help to try to help others and create our recovery. Thanks
[email protected]

Sorry, I dont really have the time to write steps by steps guides. There are many good information on the web, search using google or visit XDA, The best way of learning this is to get your hand dirty and keep trying. I might sound unhelpful, but once you have experience/understand the time/effort required, you will understand why.

There is one nice guy(who can afford the time) though who seem to be willing to provide steps and guidance for compiling rom for a10. You can check out this thread:

[TUTORIAL/DEV]Build AOSP Android 2.3.7 for Allwinner A10 tablets (Teclast P76Ti) - xda-developers

chris.lei

May 26, 2012
Hi, I was wondering what buttons you hold in order to boot into recovery on the Polaroid PMID701c ?

Also is there an update for the
Polaroid PMID701c touch screen problem? The version I have is 1.22

Thanks
Chris

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
Hi, I was wondering what buttons you hold in order to boot into recovery on the Polaroid PMID701c ?

Also is there an update for the
Polaroid PMID701c touch screen problem? The version I have is 1.22

Thanks
Chris

I dont have the pmid701c. you can try pressing the buttons and find out if any of them will trigger the recovery mode.