CM7/Phiremod on SD. Updating Stock to 1.3.

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
I'd been running phiremod 6.3 on SD for about a month. Thought everything was peachy, until I tried to update the stock to 1.3.

Come to find out, in the process of installing phiremod to the SD, Clockwork Recovery was installed to emmc. This, in turn prevented the 1.3 update from installing.

Unfortunately I find myself with only one SD, so I ended up reformatting my perfect phiremod install, using a fresh CW to go back to 1.2 stock, and was able to update to 1.3 after that process was complete.

Big freaking hassle, so I'm wondering if there is an easy fix for this problem: Is there any way to install CM7 or Phiremod to SD WITHOUT having Clockwork installed to emmc at the same time?

My screen is pooping out so I'll probably be taking the unit back in the next few weeks, but in the meantime, I still want to use Phiremod w/out ruining my warranty.

CRS1

Aug 28, 2011
You can install CM7 on a MicroSD without doing anything to your stock Nook.

I upgraded my stock non-rooted Nook from 1.2 to 1.3 today. I also have CM7 installed on a 32GB card. And of works like a charm. Never had any issues.

All I had to do, to do the firmware upgrade was remove the MicroSD card out that runs CM7 and let the Nook boot to the normal OS.

I've had my Nook for about a month plus running CM7 off the card. Works great!

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
My issue is that the two or three different places I went to find out how to install CM7 to the SD seem to also install clockwork to the emmc. Obviously I didn't know that had happened until I tried to update the stock to 1.3 (which I've now done).

Can you maybe point me to the site you got your information from?

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
Found my answer over at SlateDroid and someone else with the exact same problem at XDA. They've not figured it out, but I put two and two together and think I've come up with a solution..Or at least an explanation.

It was my fault all along. I think I installed clockwork while fartin' around in ROM Manager and doing updates. I thought it a little odd the version of clockwork blocking update 1.3 was different than the one I had used to install to the SD.

So for anyone else with the same experience: Don't install clockwork through ROM Manager as it will isntall to eMMC and bork your stock w/warranty.

Abb0nz

Dec 31, 2010
I'm just about to update to V1.3 but have CW installed. How do I get rid of it?