[ROM][April 29 2011] >>> phiremod nook V6.2 <<< | CM7.0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Welcome to phiremod for Nook! This rom is based off CM7.0.2, so thanks to Cyanogen and teamdouche for the awesome work.

I am not a developer - I do this for fun - thank your devs for all of their much appreciated work.
Let me make this clear: If you want stock CyanogenMod on your nook, please download it from here. I tweaked it for my purposes, and decided to share it with the community. Feel free to take it or leave it. To follow the progress of CM7 development for the Nook, please see Dalingrin's thread here. If you are a developer of an included app and wish for me to remove it, just let me know.
</b>
Your warranty was void long ago, so I am not responsible for any damages you may encounter (though you probably won&#8217;t). This is a Clockwork flashable zip only. It WILL erase your internal memory. Please make the necessary backups.
Installation for V6.2:
- NOTE: If you would like to run phiremod off your SD card rather than EMMC, XDA user racks11479 made a nice guide here.
- To maximize battery performance, make sure your battery is charged to 100% before flashing
- Copy &#8220;phiremod-V6.2.zip&#8221; to the root of your SD
- Boot into the latest ClockworkMod Recovery for nook from Rom Manager
- Wipe system data
- Flash phiremod (should take about 5 minutes)
- Once complete, reboot
- Let your nook sit for 5 minutes to settle
- To set clock: Settings > Date & Time > Uncheck &#8220;Automatic&#8221; and select your time zone
- Sign in from Market (Market may not show in app drawer until you are connected to wifi; if you still don&#8217;t see it, reflash)
- Reboot
- Enjoy!
- If you want to enable your lockscreen (yep, it&#8217;s disabled by default) > Settings > Phiremod settings > Tablet tweaks > UNcheck &#8216;Disable lockscreen&#8217; > Go back > Lockscreen > Style options > Lockscreen style > take your pick!
Huge thanks to:
Cyanogen + teamdouche
Mad-Murdock
samuelhalff
adam2010
Cicada
thecubed
dalingrin
fattire
All the others who made Froyo/Gingerbread possible for the nook.

Download
>>> phiremod nook v6.2 <<<
MD5: 65061da8355eddecda2a3ed81e1526e8

Changes:
* Built from CyanogenMod 7.0.2
* Stock kernel
* Removed themes
* Added Google Docs
* Slight theme tweaks
* New default wallpaper (fresh install only)
* Custom Protips
* The system changelog mentions apps in /data/app, but I have not implemented this yet.. sorry for any confusion.

Features
- Gingerbread 2.3.3
- Dalingrin's 3/31 OC kernel
- Heavily themed
- Some HC Icons
- HC Clock Widget (free) included
- System animations
- Modified ADW Launcher & LauncherPro 0.8.4
- Custom Bootanimation
- Live Wallpapers
- Xoom system sounds/fonts
- Themed Miui Music
- Disabled Camera and MMS
- gTab simi Clock widget included
- Titanium Backup included
- Button Savior included
- LCDDensity included
- GAPPS include
- Twitter/Facebook
- Themed Genie Widget
- Themed Search Widget
- Removed CM specific apps

Download
phiremod nook V6
MD5: 91d4851fe05fcc91fb0e2ce8fac3dbb8
Having issues getting screenshots to take properly, so sorry for the terrible photos...
Older versions can also be found at my website.

Installation for V6:
- NOTE: If you would like to run phiremod off your SD card rather than EMMC, XDA user racks11479 made a nice guide here.
- To maximize battery performance, make sure your battery is charged to 100% before flashing
- Copy "phiremod-V6.zip" to the root of your SD
- Format SYSTEM and then DATA
- Once complete, reboot
- To set clock: Settings > Date & Time > Uncheck "Automatic" and select your time zone
- Sign in from Market (Market will not show in app drawer until you are connected to wifi; if you still don't see it, reflash)
- Reboot
- Enjoy!
- If you want to enable your lockscreen (yep, it's disabled by default) > Settings > CyanogenMod settings > Tablet tweaks > UNcheck 'Disable lockscreen' > Go back > Lockscreen > Style options > Lockscreen style > take your pick!

Installation for V5.3:
- Copy "phiremod-V5.3.zip" to the root of your SD
- Format SYSTEM and then DATA (if coming from earlier phiremod or CM Nightly, no need to wipe - unless you experience issues)
- Once complete, reboot
- Choose your default homescreen (ADW or LauncherPro)
- To change lockscreen: CyanogenMod Settings > Lockscreen > Style options > Lockscreen Style > Take your pick!
- To set clock: Settings > Date & Time > Uncheck "Automatic" and select your time zone
- Sign in from Market (Market will not show in app drawer until you are connected to wifi)
- Reboot
- Enjoy!
:: As a friendly reminder, please search before posting an issue. There is a good chance a similar issue may have already been solved in the thread.
Installation for V5.2:
- Flash with the latest ClockworkMod Recovery for nook from Rom Manager
- Copy "phiremod-V5.2.zip" to the root of your SD
- Place SD in nook and power on
- Format SYSTEM and then DATA (if coming from earlier phiremod or CM Nightly, no need to wipe - unless you experience issues)
- Flash phiremod
- Once complete, remove SD card and reboot
- To change lockscreen: CyanogenMod Settings > Lockscreen > Style options > Lockscreen Style > Take your pick!
- Sign in from Market
- Reboot
- Enjoy!
phiremod nook V5.1
New base (3/17)
- Youtube!
Stock Kernel
Added TubeXL (thanks Chris Peas)
Removed Flash (install from Market)
Fixed battery icons
Added phiremod-walls.apk
Fixed Email/Gallery 3D icons
Reverted to stock Market

Installation for V5.1:
- Flash with the latest ClockworkMod Recovery for nook from Rom Manager
- Unzip and copy all contents of "phiremod-V5.1.tar.gz" to the root of your SD
- Format SYSTEM and then DATA
- Flash phiremod
- To fix lockscreen: CyanogenMod Settings > Lockscreen > Style options > Lockscreen Style > Sliding Tab
- Sign in from Market
- Reboot
- Enjoy!

Installation for V5:-
** If coming from V4.1, there is no need to wipe! However if you experience issues outside of the ordinary, system/data wipe may be necessary.
- Burn the proper CWM via thecubed to SD (EXT 4)
- Unzip and copy all contents of "phiremod-V5.tar.gz" to the root of your newly burned SD
- Format SYSTEM and then DATA (No need to wipe if coming from an earlier version of phiremod)
- Flash phiremod
- To fix lockscreen: CyanogenMod Settings > Lockscreen > Style options > Lockscreen Style > Sliding Tab
- Sign in from Market
- Reboot
- Enjoy!
reference: [ROM][April 29 2011] >>>>> phiremod nook V6.2 <<<<< | CM7.0.2

New thread since different OS, no need to mix the two.

Last edited:

revenge8

Feb 10, 2011
im pretty nervous to use the EXT 4 CWR.. maybe sometime soon ill get the balls to mess with it..

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
If you aren't comfortable with the idea...hold off until they release a version closer to a final release.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
I agree, if you are the least bit skeptical, wait for a more final build. Now with that being said, making the switch was not difficult and I did it easily. I am also no longer afraid of bricking my NC nor of the task of reverting and restoring it. :)

rxlooterz

Feb 18, 2011
I just installed this build, and its really smooth, probably the best I've seen so far. Only problem is video isn't working for me, so I can't do any benchmarks...or watch anything. Unfortunately it seems I'm the only one who has this problem, nobody else over at XDA has mentioned it. Maybe with some reinstalls and reboots it'll start working. Back with more later.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Update to OP:
[ROM][Feb. 21 2011] >>>>> phiremod nook V3 <<<<< CM7 Nightly Base

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Hello, this is my 1st post here, so please be gentle with me. :)
I want to try this to a stock nook color.
Could someone just explain some details on this procedure?
I want to flash this version, I have downloaded 2gb_clockwork-0.1-ext4.tar.gz (since I have available a 2gb card) and I want also to OC the Nook with 1000mhz kernel.
So, as far as I understand, the steps are:
-Prepare the card with Windiskimager to burn the card with the 2gb clockwork
-Where do I put the V3 rom that I need to flash?
-Make wipe system &#954;&#945;&#953; data
-Flash the rom
-Oc it with kernel how??

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
^See here and reference source above in opening post: NookColor: CyanogenMod Installation - nookDevs

This rom is higher on the difficulty scale than most, use with caution.
I would advise, you read all instructions thoroughly before attempting this mod and this rom is not good for daily use. Right now it is still a work in progress and very much in the development stages.

NattyBee

Feb 13, 2011
What does the OP refer to when it states ti burn CWM to sd via "the cubed"?

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Vichon

Feb 8, 2011
What does the OP refer to when it states ti burn CWM to sd via "the cubed"?

He is referring to the OP on the XDA forums that built an SD image containing CWM in the correct version for this rom. You burn it, copy his the phiremod zip to the card, then you can follow his instructions. He refers to a specific version (several exist) to be sure you grab the compatible one.

Last edited:

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
alright, thanks! can I burn this using WinImage, or do I need to use Win32DiskImage.exe?

You can use either.

And for those folks not sure about what they are getting into, here is a portion of my instructions for CM7 which apply to getting OUT of the ext4 system and back into regular NC roms:

Reverting back to any other AOSP
**This requires having a seperate SD card or overwriting the image of the ext4 card
**All files needed are available as part of the
** "Monster RootPack/Clockwork Recovery 3.0.0.5 SD" [http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=922870]
** "Nook Color Restore to Stock" [http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=914690]
**You will need the following files:
** CWR-removal.zip (both threads have a CWR removal file or two, take your pick)
** repartition-boot-with-stock.zip
** your most recent NON-CM7 nand backup -OR- your preferred stock recovery .zip
1. Power off NC
2. boot with bootable sd (original_CWR - ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.0.5) [one made using the Monster RootPack thread]
3. 'mounts and storage' --> format /system ; /data ; /cache (this is for good measure)
3. back to main menu
4. 'install zip from sdcard' --> 'choose zip from sdcard' --> select "CWR-removal.zip"
5. 'install zip from sdcard' --> 'choose zip from sdcard' --> select "repartition-boot-with-stock.zip"
** If restoring to a nand backup, skip to step 9
6. 'install zip from sdcard' --> 'choose zip from sdcard' --> select "nook-complete-restore-1.0.x.zip"
7. 'mounts and storage' --> unmount sdcard --> remove sdcard
8. reboot (you should boot to stock and unrooted)(AND DONT DO STEPS 9-11) [you can now re-root with autonooter instructions]
** Only complete these steps if restoring a nand backup and NOT restoring to stock
9. 'backup and restore' --> 'Restore' (select the backup you wish to restore - usually one with most recent date)
10. 'mounts and storage' --> unmount sdcard --> remove sdcard
11. reboot (you should be back to a working version, rooted and full of joy)

And really, you can accomplish pretty much the same thing by following Darmeens write-up here on AT.net: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ll-clockwork-recovery-revert-stock-image.html

kknig657

Jan 9, 2011
so i want to flash this rom but i dont know if i know how to....what does Burn the proper CWM via thecubed to SD (EXT 4)... does that mean i cant download it to my pc then drop it in the directory and flash it throuh CWR? what is thecubed?

Status
Not open for further replies.