cmp741e Please Help meh!

SofaKingCool

Jan 22, 2013
Heres the deal. I got my son the tablet for christmas, it was only a bill and IMO is well worth it. It was rooted out the box so i used the guide on here to install gapps and CWM. They both worked great without any problems. I installed ROM toolbox and adjusted the processor up to around 1100 the first time. After a couple weeks i got greedy and tried to turn the processor up moar, dumb idea. When i put it to 1200 a popping noise came from the speaker and the tablet shut off. The tablet will boot up, but er'ytime it goes thru the initial setup and when the setup is done the launcher just force closes over and over. I can still access the Settings menu. I even managed to get to the play store thru Accessibility cause it asks if i want to install a screen reader. When I try to download a launcher and install it, it wont let me download it, it just stays on the downloading progress bar for hours if i let it. Under the Storage menu it says Memory Storage 0.00B Total Space and 46MB of Apps. The Flash Storage says 4GB total with 2GB available but where it should show Apps, Music, Pictures etc. theres none and the bar that fills up with the different colors is just solid gray like nothing is there. Sorry about the novel length post but id appreciate some help and my son would also! thanx in advance

jholt5638

Oct 27, 2012
I would suggest you attempt to use the factory image from Craig Electronics Inc. and restore your tablet back to original, though be careful because although the factory image works perfectly for my cmp741e others report losing their touchscreen after restoring or since you have CWM installed try flashing my thunderbolt rom again works great for me but like I said apparently there is atleast two versions of the cmp741e one with the gt811 touchscreen and one with the zet6221 touchscreen which I have. You can check to see what touch your unit is using by connecting to via adb and running the command lsmod and look for either zet6221 or gt811 if you have the zet6221 both the factory image and my thunderbolt and cyanogenmod roms will work with no trouble however if you have gt811 you will have ask in my rom threads for someone to upload the modified roms

SofaKingCool

Jan 22, 2013
Right on thank you so much for taking the time to reply, i appreciate it very much and so does my son, i will post back with results. anybody else ever have something like this happen?

SofaKingCool

Jan 22, 2013
You can check to see what touch your unit is using by connecting to via adb and running the command lsmod and look for either zet6221 or gt811 if you have the zet6221 both the factory image and my thunderbolt and cyanogenmod roms will work with no trouble however if you have gt811 you will have ask in my rom threads for someone to upload the modified roms

i didnt see either one of those, ima just flash one of em and if the touchscreen dont work ill just flash the other i guess?? it cant get much worse than it already is...

SofaKingCool

Jan 22, 2013
i flashed your thunderbird rom with no issues at all and the tablet is running 10x better than stock. there was minimal lag, if any at all. I have no complaints except.........the accelerometer. any idea if or when it could get fixed?? either way thanx for the help it is greatly appreciated.