cmp745e rooting,ish

Nov 21, 2012
ive spent some time looking around for info on rooting this tablet. its running ics 4.0.3. now i cant seem to get past the first step of making sure that usb debugging in developer options is checked because those options are not available in the settings tab. any info would be great, im ultimatly looking to get google play apps working. so far i can i can download the app and navigate to store, but the apps will not download and then google play shuts down

panda_boner

Nov 30, 2012
I followed these instructions to get access to Google Play on my cmp745e: How to Add Android Market to Polaroid PMID702C - The Digital Reader I also want to root mine, but haven't gotten past the obstacle of the missing developer options. Someone over at freaktabs claimed to have rooted his, using Root_RK29_Tab_Toolkit_1.3 ([RK29][TOOL] Root RK29 Tab Toolkit - xda-developers). I'm not clear yet on how he got the USB debug to work, but I'm hoping he will elaborate soon. Here's the thread in question: Help with craig cmp745e

Last edited:

Asquian

Nov 13, 2012
If no one minds I'm gonna lay these steps out a bit more clearly.

Device prep:
1. Install usb debug. easiest thing to do is google "usb debug apk" from the tablet and download/install it. This bypasses the need for the Google play app.
2. Run USB debug. check USB debugging.
3. While in settings go to Storage. click the top right menu icon, select USB computer connection. Set it to Media Device (MTP)
4. Go to Security and make sure Unkown Sources has been checked.

Rooting:
Now go to [RK29][TOOL] Root RK29 Tab Toolkit - xda-developers and download both Root RK29 Tab Toolkit 1.3.zip and ADB Driver RK29.zip
Unzip each to its own folder.
Plug in the power cord for your tablet, just to be safe, then plug in the USB cable. Windows will likely not recognize the tablet due to it being on camera mode. Once it fails, go to device manager and Update
Drivers using the ADB Driver folder.
Once the tablet is installed, go to the Root Toolkit and run runme.bat
in the dos window press a button, then let it run.