cnm/versus 7dc rooting

tuning4ork

Mar 15, 2013
Hi all, first post so here goes. I have a Rockchip CnM Touchpad 7dc (which is similar if not identical to a Versus Touchpad 7dc). The firmware is a Rockchip RK30sdk. I've searched google for more info on how to root this thing but have had no joy. The hardware readout lists things which are not supported in software so rooting is a good start. I've had it hooked up to my pc with the windows rockchip software so no probs there. Ideas anyone?

tuning4ork

Mar 15, 2013
All sorted out once I found the right rockchip adb driver and a taiwanese program. Once the adb driver is correctly installed and the pc recognises it as an adb device (not an rk30sdk device) then the taiwanese program finds it. Rooting took 2 goes (although I might have pushed the wrong button on the first go as the program is mostly in their native language. Also, booting the tablet into the correct mode is a huge pain pushing the down volume, power button, inserting usb all at the right time. Still, those helpful souls at CnM told me that this tablet couldn't be rooted... ;)

Last edited:

silversong.88

Mar 23, 2013
All sorted out once I found the right rockchip adb driver and a taiwanese program. Once the adb driver is correctly installed and the pc recognises it as an adb device (not an rk30sdk device) then the taiwanese program finds it. Rooting took 2 goes (although I might have pushed the wrong button on the first go as the program is mostly in their native language. Also, booting the tablet into the correct mode is a huge pain pushing the down volume, power button, inserting usb all at the right time. Still, those helpful souls at CnM told me that this tablet couldn't be rooted... ;)

I too am trying to get my 7dc rooted. Glad to see you figured out how to do it. Could you please put up some instructions I could follow? Like where to get the needed files etc. This is going to be the first android device I've rooted.
:)

tuning4ork

Mar 15, 2013
I wouldn't want to lead you to a bricked tablet... but you need to look for

ZhuoDaShi-2.2.0-setup.exe

It's in goobldygook but reasonably easy to find what you're looking for.

Now here's the thing. You need to find adb drivers that recognise your tablet as an adb device (NOT an RK30 device). USB debugging should be ticked. The file you need to search for in google is DPInst64 (mine's a win7 x64 system). I'm happy to post files but it's only because I went through the process of rooting my motorola xoom that I had a clue as to what I was doing.

That said, the rooting allows a myriad of things to happen on your tablet. But you NEED to do your own research. Download an img file from versus or cnm should things go awry.

Better still, wait for the experts here or at xda to properly tell you how to root. Mine was hit and miss. Glad I got there. You may not be so lucky, but if you want the challenge, good luck!

It takes about 30secs for the proggie to find your tablet. It MUST find your tablet to proceed.

You will also need the correct adb drivers otherwise your tablet won't be recognised.

tuning4ork

Mar 15, 2013
*** UPDATE***

For those still looking for a rooting solution, try this -

Zackehh's Blog :: Miscellaneous

It is very long winded, but if you follow the process carefully it does work to a point.

By that I mean you can happily run Titanium backup etc- anything that does not require a recognised version of Clockwork Mod, so, no boot into recovery yet. :eek:

May be those nice guys who wrote the proggie will add this RK30sdk device soon (and an English translation).