Coby Kyros MID1060

glennski_0104

Jan 10, 2013
(just got my Coby Kyros MID1060.,is this belongs to coby generation 3?.,anyone knows how to root it and CWM if possible?.,help plss!!)

How to root Coby kyros Mid1060:

some of them used Root_with_recovery_by_binary
but in my case i used crystal root

download crystal root (attached)
put it to the root of your External Sdcard (microsd, do not extract,do not put it on any folder)
turn off your device completely
then turn on your device by holding power and volume(-) simultaneously until you enter recovery mode.,
select upgrade and navigate to crystal root on your External sdcard (vol -,+ to navigate and power to select)
the reboot your device.,you should be able to see supersu app on your app drawer.,

to install Gapps:

download playstore and install (it will force close)
download and extract this
rename your default build.prop to build.prop.bak and place the current build.prop and rename it to build.prop
reboot your device and you should be able to see the changes on settings

now download and extract Gapps for ICS
copy everything from system folder and paste it to the root of your device system folder (copy and replace)
reboot your device.,upgrade will takes place
should be able to see Gapps on your apps drawer, playstore should now be working

Last edited:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
It may be a Generation 3 unit since it runs ICS, but being that it was shown at CES, it's more likely a Generation 4 device. The biggest thing it has going for it is the dual-core Cortex A9 processor. Of course, at this time there is no root process for your tablet. I'm sure as more people get this unit there will be traction in that regard.

Last edited:

glennski_0104

Jan 10, 2013
ok thanks for the quick reply.,plss let me know is there is a development for this tablet.,more power!..,

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Until you posted, no one here had heard of your tablet. I had to do a quick Google search just to find out the little bit of information about it I relayed in my previous post.

That said, I presume that your unit does not include Google apps in the ROM, and that's why you want to root?

poretga99

Feb 22, 2013
I just wont you to know, that you are not the only one with this problem.. Here in slovenia this tablet is one of the most popular one... But nobody knows how to root it. Nothing works on this device...Oneclickroot, root with binary, z4root...NOTHING! I also tried to root it on my own under linux with adb...i failed.. Even "psneuter" doesn't work. (Failed to set prot mask). I don't know how to root it, realy... every time when i try to make /system/.....folder i get error "permission denied"..

glennski_0104

Jan 10, 2013
same here in the philippines.,this tablet is also popular.,but no one has yet rooted this tablet.,why is it that this tablet is already available in the market.,and yet the cobyusa website is not updating?

cartoon7995

Feb 25, 2013
I also got my MID1060 3 weeks ago. just like everybody in this thread who wants their mid1060 to be rooted, I searched the web. Having tried so many of these rooters that I downloaded in web, I finally got my MID1060 rooted (if it is the term) using the last downloaded 'Root with restore'. I was able to install some of Gapps like play store (the most important). For your info only. I do not know exactly what happened.

glennski_0104

Jan 10, 2013
I tried the root with restore by bin4ry.,but i keep on getting errors, access denied,or not found whatsoever., i tried both approached, normal and special but its just the same.,can't you remember what you did exactly?.,