Coby Kyros Mid7012-4G

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Backup of the internal sd isn't enough (if it has one), u-boot and system are in NAND. It's a common misconception.

redline1

Nov 30, 2011
What did you do in order to install Adobe Flash Player 11.1.102.59?
Hi, Like i said before, is kinda hard for someone that just has the tablet to get all the needed apps since the market even installed in this tablet wont show you anything.
I got a Nexus S 4G sprint phone and an Archos tablet. I took the backup flash.apk on my phone and pass it to the tablet. It was a long shot and it did work.
Most of all the application on this tablet are from phone or tablet. I gave the specific version , maybe you could find the apps on google.
Hope that helps.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
You need something that "dumps" the complete ROM, but it's not enough if you can't restore the files later. Usually this is done by ClockWorkMod (CWM), maybe there is a version that works with 7012, I am not sure. What I can tell you is that 7012 seems to have the same CPU as 7015 and Haipad M701, and I think both have CWM, so maybe there is for 7012 or at least it can be ported...

snuffy47

Nov 22, 2011
Ifom

I havent made much head way tring to find information to get ClockWork installed. I do not have the skill set to develop but am willing to help.

Guess really the tablet likely isnt worth the trouble but would be nice to see if this thing could be leaned out alittle.

If you can point me in the right direction I really would like to get this thing backup

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
There is a thread here about CWM and 7022, maybe there is one for 7015/16 as well. I think the user "fun" or "tipster", who runs another forum focused on entry level Kyros models like 7015/16, probably can help you more.

Last edited:

snuffy47

Nov 22, 2011
roger that I am in a post there also.

Just got home and tried to download that zip file information in the above post but it was corupt :(

Will keep poking around never know someone might get the time to look into it. Will post if I find something though thanks

Sherry208

Dec 2, 2011
When I try to install the googleservicesframework.apk from the apk installer it says it will not install. HELP!!!!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
When I try to install the googleservicesframework.apk from the apk installer it says it will not install. HELP!!!!

what tablet modem and os version? probably you are trying to install the wrong version...

xxBrun0xx

Nov 27, 2011
Actually, without rooting, my 7012 is able to run angry birds full speed no problems. Im really impressed with this thing.

New things Ive done:
Install Zeam launcher (so fast!)
Using Swapper (not swapper2, which i couldnt make work)
Using cputuner (over overclock widget. Muuuuuch better!)
Opera mini (Id bet its faster than the ipad2 at browsing the web)
BatteryCalibration (this w/ cputuner turning wifi off on lock + getting rid of phone.apk gives this incredible battery life. Mines been on for almost 48 hours now, no charging!)

This sucker has really impressed me. Its got more balls than tablets twice its price with only a little bit of work and the resistive screen has kind of grown on me (im used to an ipod touch).

So if you can pick one up for $70 like i did, buy it. Worth every penny :)

Sent from my MID7012 using Android Tablet Forumy

das_bc

Dec 3, 2011
Can someone confirm that they actually have the flash player installed and working correctly on this device? I tried several versions of the flash player that have been outlined as working (10.1,10,2, 10.3 using various linked apk's in this thread as well as other forum threads) but none of them appear to work. I have been using this: Adobe - Flash Player to check. It should pop up a simple flash animation that flash is successfully installed. At best I get the 'missing plugin' icon. The apk appears to install without issue and shows up in the 'installed apk's' list, but it never seems to be detected. I've restarted the device before/after every uninstall/install/test.