Coby MID1125 stuck in recovery console

watchmyback

Dec 6, 2011
Hello,

I tried to do a Factory Reset on my Coby MID1125 using the adb tools and "adb reboot recovery" command. After using this command the table entered what appears to the the recovery console but it is now stuck. What I see on my screen in the Organe exclamation Point within the white traingel next to the android logo. It is just stuck here, can't power it off, can't do anything. Anyone have any clue as to what I need to do? Thanks so much!

watchmyback

Dec 6, 2011
So I figured out that there was a reset button (pressed it with a staple) so I was able to get back into the device. I can seem to figure out how to perform the reboot recovery on this device though. Using the adb command sends the coby to the recovery screen mentioned above, but there is no navigation that I can do, nothing to select.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
There a few threads about recovery mode on 8125 and 1125... They have a known bug that prevents navigation in recovery mode, but you can use it via adb.

dbeauch

Dec 12, 2011
So I figured out that there was a reset button (pressed it with a staple) so I was able to get back into the device. I can seem to figure out how to perform the reboot recovery on this device though. Using the adb command sends the coby to the recovery screen mentioned above, but there is no navigation that I can do, nothing to select.

Please post links to these threads? I cannot find them...

paulonsf

Nov 6, 2011
Hi,
Does anybody that have a coby 1125 with a CWM , UPLOAD the imagem from your coby 1125. I bricked mine coby try to install a new room. I am needed the recovery.img, boot.img, system.img, to try to recovery my coby.
I had made my files imagem but think that some thing is wrong, because its does work.
tks a lot

judyneric

Nov 19, 2011
OK, here is what you MIGHT have to do to accomplish a factory reset.

I needed to reset a MID1126. I found instructions saying to Hold the Power and Back buttons for 8 seconds, then choose factory reset. I was then suppsed to use the back/menu button to scroll through the Android Recovery Menu, but as I could not select an option, THIS DID NOT WORK!

I then found an even easier way, for my model, the MID1126:

1. Go into Settings on your tablet.
2. Select the Privacy tab.
3. Select "Factory Data Reset."
4. Follow the prompts, heed the warnings.

That was it. No holding in power buttons, no trying to scroll the Android Recovery menu.

Good luck!

paulonsf

Nov 6, 2011
Using adb commands ; use > adb reboot recovery <enter> you willl go to recovery mode. Coby 1126/1125 doesnt work press power button+home (silver button) to go recovery mode

rusemberg

Feb 28, 2012
  1. When the Android Icon and warning triangle appear , press the "back" button )silver tone button) once.
  2. The Android recovery screen will appear. The "Home/Menu" button will allow you to scroll up and down.
  3. Press the Home/Menu button to scroll to "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" Then press the "back" button
  4. On the next screen Scroll to "yes-delete all user data" Press the "back" button.
  5. On the next screen Choose "reboot system now" and Press the "back" button.
  6. You will now be able to access the tablet.