MID1125 Stuck at Coby Logo

Gumby68

Dec 26, 2011
I rooted my Coby Kyros MID1125 just recently, took a pic and went to share it and that's when all hell broke loose!! I am unable to access my tablet at all not even using adb or fastboot. I forgot to make a back up of my ROM prior to rooting. I had CWM access once prior to my issues and went to do a factory reset, hence my current situation. I have also contacted Coby tech support and they have no clue what I was talking about when I asked if they had a copy of a stock image for my tablet. They also want me to send it back to them, which I don't want to do because I know my warranty is void from rooting this tablet. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Apparently, I have posted in the wrong forum for help. Here with almost 200 people viewing this htread at least 1 person could have offered up some advice or something; or said, "Hey, buddy you posted in the wrong forum or we can't help you with this. Happy New Year!!!!! Hope you all have a great start to the New Year as I plan on having!!!!

Last edited:

Gumby68

Dec 26, 2011
Greatly appreciated. Thanks much. Do you know how I can create a recovery image from the files??

paulonsf

Nov 6, 2011
1-Hi, do you have CWM recovery installed ? Do you have fastboot access? So I will suppose that you have fastboot access. Conect your tablet in PC ( reset your tablet , there is a small hole near the power supply, use a nail to reset ) and press volume down at the sane time that you resset ( your tablet will enter at the fast boot mode), if reset and press volume up the tablet will enter on FWDN mode. Put the tablet on fastboot mode, dont use FWDN. Use of FWDN only if you tablet is with a black screen, if is you case this tutorial doesnt work. I will write a new tutorial for this case.

2-Now you will dowload this patch

2shared - download Patch_1125_v2.rar

and unzip it in you PC. There is a file called Patch_1125.cmd doble click to execute it with your table in the fastboot connected in your PC , and it will process and access you tablet and reboot your tablet in CWM mode.
After the fist time that you installed this patch , you can use adb command to go to recovery mode, but it is more easy to execute the .cmd everytime that you need to enter in CWM mode.

You can unzip patch anywhere in your PC. The you also will find adb.exe and fastboot.exe files, if you want use it and knows how to use it.

3- You will need the external card, with some adapter, plug the external sd on your pc and create that following folder : clockworkmod\backup\(name folder name) and put all files that I sent to you, including the .md5 file inside that directory.

ex. E:\clockworkmod\backup\mybackup

4- Insert the sdcard in you tablet and enter in recovey mode again (CWM), to do it, use step 2 again, if you dont know access and use adb comand, if you know how to use adb comand use ( adb reboot recovery <enter>) This step is only to mount the external sdcard in your tablet.

5- In CWM recovery mode use volume down to select backup and recovery , press volume upper to select , select recovery, it will show your backup directory ( ex. mybackup) select this directory and press volume up to execute. wait until the restore finish and reset you tablet using the nail and hole. Your tablet will start up, I hope....

This process workes if your tablet is frozen in coby logo or first android logo or chinese logo. If you tablet is with a back screen you will need to do other process before this process. I will write a tutorial how to rivive you coby kyros 1125, but You will wait a litlle.

PS- credits for Thiago/eduardo/Wagner from coby kyros orkut community from Brazil.

m0n

Jan 7, 2012
Good news w/ paulsonf post is if your stuck on the COBY screen.......runnign his patch batch file will atleast install the CWM on it and can install zip files via mSD Card. The problem I am having is................after running the batch file.......I tried installing bulldog from KTZ forum. After following the directions I still cannot get past the COBY screen. I even tried updating via another coby update.zip that I got from cobyusa......I believe it was img files..etc...etc.. from a 7022 and that errored. Unfortunately, the 1125 on cobyusa's site does not have the firmware to download. I have downloaded file from xda that someone uploaded but that did not work either. If anyone has any suggestions, please help! Thanks

paulonsf

Nov 6, 2011
First you need recovery your tablet , dont install any update files dont use bull dog or any custom rom for this procedure. Use only the images files ( system.img/boot.img/data.img/etc) into your external sd card in a correct folder clockworlmode\beckup\mybackup. Are you using my images or yours???

Try this:

Enter in fastboot mode e try below commands with my images before do the procedure:. download the images below too.

2shared - download images.rar

fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot fash boot boot.img
fastboot flash userdata data.img
fastboot cache cache.img
fastboot falsh recovery recovery.img

paulonsf

Nov 6, 2011
If you has a back screen you will need this file below lk.rom . This lk.rom is for 1125 and you will need use the FDWN program process ( look for it on NET). Use only this file and create a Nand_data.fai, DONT use the T_xxx_.img on FDWN program. After finish reset you tablet , a little robot will appear. and you now can use the same process to revive you tablet with a frozen logo coby above.

2shared - download lk_EM102.rom.zip

In some times if you dont can FDWN access you will need first do short-circuit process ( 7,8) to force FDWN access. Look for this process to unbrink the 7022 is the same for 1125.

Only use the short-circuit process if you really need....

PS- credits for Thiago/eduardo/Wagner from coby kyros orkut community from Brazil.

m0n

Jan 7, 2012
I ll keep ya posted......downloaded the image files and will fastboot flash them over

m0n

Jan 7, 2012
Just got done w/ fastboot flash xxxx xxxx.img in the order that you posted w/ the images your uploaded and I am still stuck on the COBY screen. Any other ideas....like wiping data in CWM?

m0n

Jan 7, 2012
FYI...wiped the cache partition.....then did a wipe data/factory reset.........I get Formating..../data /cache / sd-ext then No app2sd partition found. Skipping then formatting /sdcard/.android-secure...error mounting skipping format.....data wipe complete. .........I checked to see if anything is mounted in CWM and cache is mounted......I unmounted...and rebooted into CWM...... I WILL try again to flash the img files in the same order as your posted.

m0n

Jan 7, 2012
Forgot to mention....after wiping the data I do have to run patch_1125 in order to boot into CWM

m0n

Jan 7, 2012
After doing all of this and getting frustrated and losing my focus......I finally found out what I did wrong!! I never did the Restore feature in your directions. To sum up everything......Make sure adb and fastboot work.......if you root via superoneclick it will automatically install the drivers...........I couldnt get my mid1125 to boot into CWM so I used the patch_1125 and it worked like a charm. Next download the image files....and make sure you have a big enough MicroSD card....its over 200MB. I created the folder clockworkmod/back/mybackup and unrared the img files plus the md5 file into my backup. I then....flashed each single img via fastboot in DOS........then I couldnt reboot into CWM so I then used patch_1125 in order to do so.......I then went to back/restore and restored via the img files and md5 file in clockworkmod/back/mybackup.............it finally restored everything and NOW I can boot to the main page..........BUT NOW THE TOUCH DOESN'T WORK. Is it safe to say I can update using bulldog or another rom????

m0n

Jan 7, 2012

Well I headed over to ktz and downloaded bulldog 1.5.12 (thats the date) and decided to give it a go. The directions are easy.......but since I had my MID1125 booting to the homepage past the coby image and fully loading past the android image.......I made a backup first. I then instaled KTZ bulldog and followed the directions. It successfully installed bulldog BUT unfortunately I still have no touch/tilt abilities!! Now i am really stuck :p