Curtis klu LT8025

njibo

Apr 20, 2011
Well I now have sometime like ITunes. I found "TuneIn Radio" and it works.
This is a good tablet but the Internet connection is slow via WIFI. I installed other Android Markets (Applanet, SlideMe), as Android Market is not available and I installed almost all the applications I needed. This is the only way to go to get apps. Make sure you start by downloading the .apk file for Applanet and use your File Explorer to install the application and run it.

The build is good and solid and the screen is cool. BigLot was key to make this tablet more popular!

We all hope that Curtis would have an upgrade to Android 2.2 or 3.0. That would reduce the speed issue and also open us to Android applications.

Ammo_1984

Apr 18, 2011
No i did not use my 20% off card for this tablet.
I am going back and getting another one to tear apart and see how it ticks.
that one will be 20% off :)

TabTab

Apr 18, 2011
Damn. How do you get 20% off card? I would have kept it at the 20% off and maybe waited for a firmware update.

dbell

Apr 21, 2011
Regarding the Micro SD card: What are the compatibility issues?
The Klu says Micro SD TF; is an SDHC 16G card compatible?
What are other users putting in there?

Thanks!

Dave

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Those of you who have can you snap some pictures of the box and the device in real-time. The 20% off card might not be available in all markets. I have one, and have rack-up enough points to get to 20% next purchase. Just need to but a few things to get that 20% off. Remember Big Lots is really a Surplus Store of goods that didn't sell or where factory service goods. Most of the electronics sold there are good to fair. Parts in electronic really low in price. Their return policy is 30 days. I had never returned anything to them as of yet.

Big Lots make a profit off closeouts merchandise in these odd lots. Purchase in small or large lots, and sell easily as dollar store items, gift shop items, or wholesale toys. With these Curtis/Sylvania Klu models really be good to know how long they're going to be carried at BL or are they just a one off product.

efh777

Apr 18, 2011
Purchased on at...Wait for it...Big Lots. The 20% savings is only after you make 5 purchases of 25 bucks. So bought one.
Pretty slow movers...I was at two different Bot Lots, and they had them into the week.
Pretty decent Resistive Tablet - WIFI works great with MIFI card - Pretty quick
I purchased $12 SD Micro card (8G) - This thing has 2 slots...so will find out how far it will go.
SD card makes Xfer easy.
Able to find Youtube App for Android 2.1 - Works great...now have Youtube, Book Reader, Internet Tablet - Perfect for Lunchtime browsing.
With 1Gb Processor, don't know why FROYO (2.2) could not work - Not a Android tech, so I will have to read up on how to do it.
Apparently you need an "ANDROID ID" to use the official "Android Marketplace" - Somehow tied to phone number.
Reading tells me you have to download SDK and set up "FAKE" Android device to get number - not sure how.
Amazing Piece for $150 - Would have liked it for $120, but worried they would run out.

With TAB at $350, IPAD at $500, Xoom at $600 (unsubsidized), This is a Steal.
Has Headphone, but built in Mic - Will try SKYPE and see if it will work.
Run, Don't walk to get one of these (No I don't work for the company or Big Lots).

20 Year IT Dude!!! - Pretty Decent. Bought one of th Zenithlink's APAD on Ebay - Not half the unit for about same price (Android 1.5) - I have seen ROM Flashs for 2.2 - may try it...but KLU is nice unit. Not sure why they did not port YOUTUBE app - Copied APK file onto laptop, Used SD-MIcro-SD converter - Copied file, transferred to KLU (2 SD Slots) - Opened file and Installed - Wow!!! Easy - Hat's off to developers to ported the 2.2 Youtube app to 2.1. (Thanks).

TabTab

Apr 18, 2011
One of the reasons this went back was the slow wifi and also the extremely low volume. I tried the volume with the hard buttons and the soft buttons both but it was still extremely soft.

ClassicAnT

Apr 22, 2011
Purchased on at...Wait for it...Big Lots. The 20% savings is only after you make 5 purchases of 25 bucks. So bought one.
Pretty slow movers...I was at two different Bot Lots, and they had them into the week.
Pretty decent Resistive Tablet - WIFI works great with MIFI card - Pretty quick
I purchased $12 SD Micro card (8G) - This thing has 2 slots...so will find out how far it will go.
SD card makes Xfer easy.
Able to find Youtube App for Android 2.1 - Works great...now have Youtube, Book Reader, Internet Tablet - Perfect for Lunchtime browsing.
With 1Gb Processor, don't know why FROYO (2.2) could not work - Not a Android tech, so I will have to read up on how to do it.
Apparently you need an "ANDROID ID" to use the official "Android Marketplace" - Somehow tied to phone number.
Reading tells me you have to download SDK and set up "FAKE" Android device to get number - not sure how.
Amazing Piece for $150 - Would have liked it for $120, but worried they would run out.

With TAB at $350, IPAD at $500, Xoom at $600 (unsubsidized), This is a Steal.
Has Headphone, but built in Mic - Will try SKYPE and see if it will work.
Run, Don't walk to get one of these (No I don't work for the company or Big Lots).

20 Year IT Dude!!! - Pretty Decent. Bought one of th Zenithlink's APAD on Ebay - Not half the unit for about same price (Android 1.5) - I have seen ROM Flashs for 2.2 - may try it...but KLU is nice unit. Not sure why they did not port YOUTUBE app - Copied APK file onto laptop, Used SD-MIcro-SD converter - Copied file, transferred to KLU (2 SD Slots) - Opened file and Installed - Wow!!! Easy - Hat's off to developers to ported the 2.2 Youtube app to 2.1. (Thanks).

What do i need to download to run Youtube, Skype etc.. I would appreciate the help. PLEASE.

Apr 23, 2011
To those of you having issues with slow download speeds: try downloading Opera Mini. Tried it on mine and it's *much* faster.

Also, you can download and install the new Amazon Android Market with no modifications and get most apps.

TabTab

Apr 18, 2011
I am now trying the AOC Breeze I bought at Fry's for $139. It has Android 2.1, 8" screen but most of all, it has market.

ssedlmayr

Mar 30, 2011
Has anyone tried a cyanogenmod to see if this works? I have a color nook and it works just right with caynogenmod. I would try one (a KLU), but I don't know the code name for the device, and that is how they list the mods for the different models.

efh777

Apr 18, 2011
Here is the web links- [MOD] Youtube 'Gingerbread' ported to Eclair - xda-developers
I downloaded the file "signed_YouTube.apk" to my PC Laptop - Unzipped it to get to the RAW APK file. I purchasad a 8 Gb MicroSD card (12 bucks - Fry's) - came with a SD adapter - Put the SD adapter into laptop - transferred the "signed_Youtube.apk" to the SD/MicroSD - Moved the Microsd card to the KLU (Powered off) - Powered back up - read the SD cad (SD2) and clicked - It said "DO YOU WANT TO INSTALL?" - Said yes - After warnings - Had Youtube on desktop ICON - Way cool.
As for Skype - I will look at SLIDEME (Non Google Android Store) - Probably same procedure. Too bad no Mic Cord - But comes with Earbuds - will try tat. I work in I.T. - found X2 app that lets you RDP - Can operate PC from KLU - More coolness. Lots of fun for $150.

Apr 25, 2011