Disgo users time to unite and request an official update

remoh

Sep 5, 2011
I have just sent the following mail to [email protected]m

SUBJECT:
disgo 6000 2.2 / 2.3 update long overdue

Can you please let the poor users unfortunate enough to have bought a 2.1 version of the 6000 and held on in all good faith for a 2.2 update exactly what is going on.I have sent countless emails (as have others) now asking for updates or for the 2.2 firmware to be released to the http://www.androidtablets.net community so that we can at least update our devices with the correct firmware unofficially but all request are met with the same tired responses.Do you realise how frustrating it is to see that not only has the price gone down on the version now being shipped but that it is running a superior build of android which we cannot it appears ever hope to obtain officially.On top of this we can now see there is a 2.3 update which the 6000 would be able to run effortlessly for other devices in your range.Please, please do the right thing, if you cannot fix the update process yourselves let others do it for us by releasing the update at the above site.

If you feel as strongly about this as me please take a minute to do the same.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
I don't tweet :eek:
Should have specified, for those that do "Tweet" ALSO take to Twitter to get the point across. disgo seems to use Twitter to promote their products so letting others know that they are unresponsive to support an "official" update should be known.

LarryDavid

Oct 28, 2011
Just thought I'd check back there today (even though my 6000 is now bricked and useless), and this is what the FAQ about the 2.2 update now says:

10/11/11 The Android 2.2 update for the Tablet 6000 will not be progressing. Regrettably, due to slight differences with the internal circuitry across the devices, it is not possible to release an Over The Air update. Thank you for your patience with this matter and we do apologise for any inconvenience. More recent versions of the Tablet 6000 have been released with version 2.2; however, these updates were completed manually at source and cannot be carried out on individual units.

Lame! I already queried why we couldn't have a normal update file to manually update and for those of you that are interested I did post it here (somewhere!).

Link to FAQ:
www.mydisgo.info/archives/1673

remoh

Sep 5, 2011
yeah i already posted that a while back, thread should be locked and buried

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Request all Disgo 6000 tablet users with 2.2 pre-installed dump the mtd2 "resv" partition for inspection.

It has previously been posted that on some InfoTMIC tablets the update image is unpacked to the mtd2 "resv" before being installed.

Therefore if anyone has a Disgo 6000 tablet with 2.2 pre-installed would dump (dd) the partition and post for inspection it may contain and InfoTMIC Update Wrap (.ius) that others could use to update.

Code:
$su
#
#dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd2 of=/sdcard/resv.img bs=4096

Original http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/sylvania-tablets/2547-disgo-6000-a-3.html#post132587 thread.

If you have a Disgo 6000 tablet with 2.2 pre-installed please consider assisting others who are seeking an "official" update

remoh

Sep 5, 2011
going to bump this one more time to see if someone can assist with cfrockit's request.

On a side note I have been reading over at xda about requests to get the source for the hp touchpad android seen in the wild and decided to send another request quoting the gpl details below to them.

Doubt they will comply but it would be interesting seeing how they reply.

The GPL states that anyone who modifies GPL licenced code is required to make available the sources used to compile it. This is to further improve and encourage collaborative work, as well as to ensure that the best code possible is produced, and to encourage peer-review of all work. This benefits both developers and end users in numerous ways, including:

• Allowing anyone to verify the code they are trusting with their data, and its authenticity
  • Encouraging community collaboration to produce faster fixes and updates, and better code
  • Helping bring new developments from other devices and fields to your own, letting you benefit from new code that wouldn’t have been available without this sharing.
  • The GPL imparts great freedom for GPL end users. It ensures innovation is never stifled and no project is dependent upon any single developer.
It is in everyone’s interest for the GPL to be adhered to, as it gives us all better ROMs, better transparency, and a better atmosphere for developers to work together to make great code.