Ethernet download problems

reeper666

Jul 20, 2012
My Zenith works fine; I can connect via WiFi, 3g Dongle and Ethernet. The problem I have is that when I try do download apps I can go right through the process until I click 'Install'. The download bar moves and displays 'waiting for network'......forever! I can disconnect the ethernet, turn on WiFi then set up my phone as a WiFi hotspot and the app immediately downloads.

Why does ethernet do everything it should except download the app? Where does it think the network it is on has gone?

I am new to Androids so simple answers please.

Regard

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Why does ethernet do everything it should except download the app? Where does it think the network it is on has gone?

Regard

Welcome to the forum reeper666

There may be a simple explanation, (or not;)). If when you are connected on the Ethernet your tablet sees that connection as going through a proxy the Store can't correctly ID your tablet. One other possibility would be a firewall.

The interesting thing here is that there are, (normally), more problems with that when connected through a phone, depending on how it's connected.. That's all I can think of that makes sense.