Firmware Updates, Patches, USB Drivers 32/64-bit

tdraghi

Aug 23, 2010
no i did not, but now i am begining to suspect my home button may be faultly. because now that i applied both the v3 update and the pirate patch, i am having trouble getting back into recovery.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Use the pin hole to reboot the device a few times. Make sure your pressing in the house button and not the menu button.

bigrich424

Aug 8, 2010
Follow these steps but when you get to step #2 it tricky

STEP 1
-Download the zip file: gentouch78patchv3-Lincs.zip
These are the files you will use IN PLACE of Augen's gentouch78patchv3.zip files. This patch includes AUGEN's update in addition to ClockWork Recovery. FOLLOW Augen's instructions (PDF document), using the files contained in this zip
You may view your device to see the enhancements made by Augen's 8/19/2010 software patch before you continue to STEP 2. You may notice missing or non working Google Apps. Step 2 will restore the Google applications.

STEP 2 - Home Key must be pressed in to start the Clockwork Recovery [Home] [Search] [Memory] to scroll around in Clockwork screen
-Download bootimg-su-googleapps-hosts-pirate.update3.zip. Copy this zip to the SDcard. No need to rename this file as it can be installed AS IS.
-Power down the device
-Boot into Clockwork Recovery (holding down the HOME button while powering up the device)
-Select install zip from sdcard
-Select choose zip from sdcard (it may take a min or so for clockwork to mount your sdcard so if it says no sdcard present just wait and try again)
-Select the zip file you want to flash.
-Once completed reboot
-Enjoy the new features!

Note this comes from the author, I am not the author of these files.

OK so I did finally get the patch installed from an XP machine..... Never got the Win 7 Machine to do it but all is well that ends well right? Thanks CPG716 and TIPSTIR! But now I am having a problem with "step 2" Did you drag the zip file from the windows machine via the USB cable or did you pop out the SD card and do it that way? I dragged the file to the card and it shows up in windows but not in ES File Explorer.... also when I view the card in windows the only folder I see is the DCIM folder. When I try popping out the card windows doesn't recognize it at all...... any Ideas?

bigrich424

Aug 8, 2010
OK so I did finally get the patch installed from an XP machine..... Never got the Win 7 Machine to do it but all is well that ends well right? Thanks CPG716 and TIPSTIR! But now I am having a problem with "step 2" Did you drag the zip file from the windows machine via the USB cable or did you pop out the SD card and do it that way? I dragged the file to the card and it shows up in windows but not in ES File Explorer.... also when I view the card in windows the only folder I see is the DCIM folder. When I try popping out the card windows doesn't recognize it at all...... any Ideas?

OK also in windows it looks like 3 sifferent drives but I can only access one. The only one I can access looks like a 2GB partition. I am using an 8GB Scan Disk card. I formatted the drive I could access, dragged the zip over to it again and tried to follow the steps in "step 2" but Clockwork says it can not mount /sdcard...

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Yes XP does that shows 3 different drives. Windows 7 just one drive shows up. I had applied the first patch from AuGen on using XP shown here in this video

Last edited by a moderator:

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
OK also in windows it looks like 3 sifferent drives but I can only access one. The only one I can access looks like a 2GB partition. I am using an 8GB Scan Disk card. I formatted the drive I could access, dragged the zip over to it again and tried to follow the steps in "step 2" but Clockwork says it can not mount /sdcard...

Yes as I did mention earlier this is the tricky part, I did encountered.

Make sure you have that step #2 zip into the root of the sdcard no folder, and don't unzip it either.
Select install zip from sdcard
-Select choose zip from sdcard (it may take a min or so for clockwork to mount your sdcard so if it says no sdcard present just wait and try again)
-Select the zip file you want to flash (this part should show you the zip file name)
I think there is one more step after you select the file it just show apply zip file
This should trigger installation.

I take it you haven't gone this far yet or something is wrong and you can't get Clockwork to mount the file. Try it again. Make sure the USB cable is not connected to the PC just the power cable is. Make sure you release the Home key once the clockwork has appeared.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Once you get it working now you can use Home++ Home Replacement UI on Gentouch shown below
45848_425772252948_579882948_5022289_5919800_n.jpg

More about the above
More Home Screen Replacements

Last edited:

bigrich424

Aug 8, 2010
Got it..... had to mount usb in clockwork and drag it over then.... not too shabby... although root explorer is definitely not working.... I do love the pirate robot on boot... Thanks again for the help!

aaoflaca

Aug 12, 2010
Got it..... had to mount usb in clockwork and drag it over then.... not too shabby... although root explorer is definitely not working.... I do love the pirate robot on boot... Thanks again for the help!

Did you use USB Stick or Micro SD card ?? , so you tried to mount /sdcard and it failed to recognize your sd card, then when you used mount USB it worked, please explain as I have hard time getting my GT78 to recognize my micro SD card from within GT78 or from Clockwork as well

teknojnky

Aug 20, 2010
no i did not, but now i am begining to suspect my home button may be faultly. because now that i applied both the v3 update and the pirate patch, i am having trouble getting back into recovery.

I have found that my home key tends to need a pretty heavy finger pressure in order to get into recovery.

whether its faulty or just poor design I duno

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
It should see it? Try a different microSDHC if you have the same result then that slot is faulty.

bigrich424

Aug 8, 2010
Did you use USB Stick or Micro SD card ?? , so you tried to mount /sdcard and it failed to recognize your sd card, then when you used mount USB it worked, please explain as I have hard time getting my GT78 to recognize my micro SD card from within GT78 or from Clockwork as well

Well a buddy of mine has had or hacked every droid OS based cell phone out there..... so he showed me this. On the clockwork menu select partitions menu then mount usb storage at this point you can hook up your USB cable to your windows machine and it pops up a window showing the same files you see in ES file explorer. Then you can drag the zip file on the drive then follow the steps in "step 2" above. Hope it helps!

tdraghi

Aug 23, 2010
I have found that my home key tends to need a pretty heavy finger pressure in order to get into recovery.

whether its faulty or just poor design I duno

yeah i started experimenting while in desktop, i see that i have to push the home button harder than the others, with this knowledge i was able to get into recovery.

braveit1

Jul 29, 2010

The 3 different drives represent the Internal system flash memory, the internal ROM storage and the SD card memory. The 2GB partition is the built in storage. If you cannot access the 8 GB SD card unmount it in the system settings/SD card, eject it and then reinsert it into the device. You should be able to mount it now and it will show up in your pc file manager. (If it still doesn't appear in the file manager check your windows system disc manager and make sure you have a drive letter avail. for it.)