Got The Market Working On 7022 Without Rooting!

balbot

Dec 12, 2011
Hello all!

Just purchased Coby 7022. Installed Android Marketplace from instructions found on here, and everything works except that the search function does not work. Keep getting a message "problem with server. Press retry or cancel to return to previous screen." Any thoughts?

I got the same problem before. After resetting to factory default and reinstalling according to the video (page 7 or 8?). I finally have the market working. Good luck!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
To extract the files you have to use the computer or can you do it with the tablet? And you extract them and save it to your sd card, so you can just plug the computer straight to the tablet and save it to your sd card that way? Sorry just making sure I am doing everything correctly probably making it more complicated than what it is.

You don't need a computer, download the files to your tablet or transfer them using a microSD or thumb drive.

mbriggs2

Dec 12, 2011
daprospecta,
I've got Market working good on my Coby MId7022. followed your instructions and got he market working no problem with your "G Tablet.zip".

Market works, downloads and installs very good.

When i'm in Market all I see are the "top" downloads.

When I try to "search" for apps in market i get a network error.

Has anyone had any issues searching for apps on market?

thanks

bombsquadrob

Dec 11, 2011
I am trying to do this on my MID7022 and no luck. Im new to this and know Im missing something pretty simple yet holding me up. Can anyone point me to a simple step by step process on how to get this running? Kinda like a Android Market for Dummies?

mbriggs2

Dec 12, 2011
MajorCord...I've got that same problem....any resolve yet? market works perfect, just cant's search. have to use the featured downloads.

I wonder if re-install would work?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
1. What's the Market version? If it's 2.x, try installing a newer version or installing MarketUpdate.apk.

2. If it fails or before doing it, go to Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications, select the All tan, look for GoogleServicesFramework and Market, clear both data and reboot.

mbriggs2

Dec 12, 2011
lfom,
Installed Android Marketplace from daprospector instructions, and everything works except that the search function does not work. Keep getting a message "problem with server. Press retry or cancel to return to previous screen."

I used the files provide by daprospetor..."G Tablet.zip". Market works, however i'm having this issue. Can't find many apps this way.

Can you recommend a solution? I have the Coby MID7022 and it is not rooted. Is there an easy way to get the update?
I see in other posts that you say do not use MarketUpdater.apk ?

Any help would be very much appreciated. Can you direct any reply to me?

Thanks

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Can you recommend a solution? I have the Coby MID7022 and it is not rooted. Is there an easy way to get the update?

Previously if you had a newer version of Market (3.x) then some apps would appear as "not compatible", and the old versions (2.x) would still work. Now we know that settings LCD density to 160 it will make Market 3.x work, and it will show most apps while older version won't work. So either install MarketUpdater.apk and let the old version self update to the most recent compatible version with your tablet, or simply install a new version manually. If needed, use the LCD density trick (requires rooting).

ACE61502

Dec 14, 2011
OK, so I finally got the market to download and work on the 7127 I bought for my son. Once it's on there, can I delete the files I used? Or at least move them to the SD card now? I had to put them on the device itself, because I could never find the SD card in the file manager. Now I'm having problems with download errors because there's not enough space. :(

Nevermind. It won't let me move them. Is that because they are in use?

Edit again: OK, so I noticed that when I look in Applications under "SD Card" it showed only 3GB available space. In storage it showed 14.something for SD Card, and that 3GB for Nand. Did some digging to find out what Nand is. WTHeck? I moved all the apps I've downloaded to "SD" but they all went to Nand instead. What's the point of the SD card then? I bought a 16gb Micro SD to make sure there would be plenty of space for the games my son will want. Can it really not be used for that? A bigger SD card took care of the memory issue with my Bravo phone. This bugs. :( It appears that NOTHING has been put on the MicroSD at all so far.

Last edited:

mbriggs2

Dec 12, 2011
trickbiker121,
thanks for the thread reply....can i use Market-3.4.4-signed.apk with out rooting?

I'm getting this setup for my son for Christmas. I don't want to root the 7022. I installed market via daprospector tutorial.

What will i need to do to install Market-3.4.4-signed.apk?

your help is greatly appreciated.

mbriggs2

Dec 12, 2011
The highest version working for me is 3.3.12 on the MID7022. Remember to uninstall the old market before installing another version. If this isnt the problem then you might be missing one of the apk's required for market like service framework. Hope this helps.

Sent from my MID7022 using Tapatalk

Are you using 3.3.12 with out rooting? or is your MID7022 rooted? I would like to update however don't want to root.

mbriggs2

Dec 12, 2011
to back up what lfom said these instructions are actually not even for a coby tablet originally so yea it should work

here are the latest files + latest market if you don't have them

nba1341,
do these files work without rooting? I used the original files from daprospector but would like the update. Would i need to re-install everything in this zip or can i just install "4. com.android.vending-3.3.12.apk"?

genisioj

Dec 15, 2011
lfom,
Installed Android Marketplace from daprospector instructions, and everything works except that the search function does not work. Keep getting a message "problem with server. Press retry or cancel to return to previous screen."

I used the files provide by daprospetor..."G Tablet.zip". Market works, however i'm having this issue. Can't find many apps this way.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Can you direct any reply to me?

Thanks

I am having the same issue the market worked for awhile now when I try to search it says possible server issues try again later. I have reset back to factory and followed the instructions using G tablet again it works for a couple days then will not let me search the market.