Has Anyone Dealt with ebellking.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louise2

Apr 14, 2012
I just want to share my experience in my recent purchase with Ebellking!
Quite amazing how many NEW first time posters have had wonderful service from Ebelking!

the question must be asked - is the Forum being spammed with DISINFORMATION?

Eallwealdend

Apr 15, 2012
I recently had a play with a couple of Ainol 7" tablets, upgrading them to ICS and so thought I should get one myself. I searched the web, namely eBay and saw a seller called Bigtoyou. I had a look on the web to see if they had a website and came across ebellking. I'm not sure if they are related but the prices on the site are very good, and I thought that with PayPal being accepted I would be safe.

Just as I was going to submit I thought I'd have a look to see if anyone was discussing them on the web. I came across this forum and read the comments but I still went ahead and gave them the chance. I also have designed websites including eCommerce so was interested to see how much automated confirmation I was going to get.

I got the confirmation of order straight away, and the following morning confirmation that the tablet, an Onda vi40 had been despatched - but no shipping tracking number as yet.

A couple of days later, I went for the contact form on the website as I was concerned that I had not been given any timescale when the tracking number would be sent. I thanked them in advance for the product, and mentioned to them that it was so important that the customer was informed every step of the way. When I submitted the form I didn't even get an email confirmation and no reply in the next 48 hours either. I was getting a bit worried.

I was told on the order to contact [email protected] if I had any problems, so I sent them a straight question wondering if they had the tracking number yet. I got it sent back within the day and so off we go.

I've not got the tablet yet, but it is on its way from Hong Kong. I'll let you know how I get on.

I will be suggesting to ebellking that they should be a little more forthcoming in their contact. I guess I could have paid much more and had peace of mind, but these are prudent times.

leftygt

Apr 11, 2012
I'm in the same boat mate - rapidly approaching a week and still haven't received a tracking number.

MikeStan

Apr 17, 2012
Exactly the same here, got the tracknig number this morning and it's still not been bpicked up. Fingers crossed that it goes smoothly!

Has anyone here had to pay import duty or VAT on the tablet they recieved?

I hope the Vi40 lives up to my lofty expectations although i'm not that hopeful right now...

EDIT: package has been picked up, pretty happy so far except for having to prompt them to provide a tracking number...

Last edited:

leftygt

Apr 11, 2012
I got a Royal Mail tracking number yesterday, but when I tried to track it the number wasn't recognised. I emailed Cathy back to tell her what happened ad she told me that "the tablet was in the U.K. office but wouldn't be shipped for another 2 days". I asked why another 2 days but haven't received a reply! Getting a bit anxious.......

MikeStan

Apr 17, 2012
That's weird that you've recieved a Royal Mail tracking # and i've got a DHL one?

Have you tried putting it in the DHL site? mine's definitely working...

leftygt

Apr 11, 2012
That's weird that you've recieved a Royal Mail tracking # and i've got a DHL one?

Have you tried putting it in the DHL site? mine's definitely working...

No, they said Royal Mail, I assumed it was shipped to the UK via dhl and they were posting it to Ireland via Royal Mail?

MikeStan

Apr 17, 2012
well I suppose that's possible, here's what I recieved;

Dear Mike ,
Thanks for your kindly email
Here is the tracking number for your referrence below:
Number:######## Via DHL
It will take 3-5 business days
Hope you will get it soon.
Regards
Cathy

Eallwealdend

Apr 15, 2012
Great news, my tablet arrived yesterday and a beauty it is too. Already got it playing songs and movies across the wifi, loads of games tested (draw something is so much easier!) and at some point I may even give it some more serious work to do. Some apps aren't fully supported yet, but that's more to do with ICS being new than a problem with the tablet. A big plus for eBellking, the wife already wants one, I just wish they would have kept me a little better informed i.e filled in the gap between 'item shipped' and getting the tracking number. Altogether a great product, huge recommendation for the Onda Vi40 and eBellking.

MikeStan

Apr 17, 2012
Great news, my tablet arrived yesterday and a beauty it is too. Already got it playing songs and movies across the wifi, loads of games tested (draw something is so much easier!) and at some point I may even give it some more serious work to do. Some apps aren't fully supported yet, but that's more to do with ICS being new than a problem with the tablet. A big plus for eBellking, the wife already wants one, I just wish they would have kept me a little better informed i.e filled in the gap between 'item shipped' and getting the tracking number. Altogether a great product, huge recommendation for the Onda Vi40 and eBellking.

Excellent news! mine's at Heathrow now so hopefully today or tomorrow for delivery! Glad to hear the vi40's good, that's what i plumpd for in the end.

not sure how you're finding the performance but i didn find this guys whos created a custom firmware that looks pretty good... think i'm gonig to flash it at the earliest opportunity...
Onda Vi40 Elite - Top Notch Tablets Custom Firmware V9 - SlateDroid.com

MikeStan

Apr 17, 2012
Excellent news! mine's at Heathrow now so hopefully today or tomorrow for delivery! Glad to hear the vi40's good, that's what i plumpd for in the end.

not sure how you're finding the performance but i didn find this guys whos created a custom firmware that looks pretty good... think i'm gonig to flash it at the earliest opportunity...
Onda Vi40 Elite - Top Notch Tablets Custom Firmware V9 - SlateDroid.com

Tablet's here and working excelently.

Apart from a lack of notification i have no problem at all with ebellking. order to delivery took under a week and teh product is exceptional. would use again... I'm not working for them, promise...

leftygt

Apr 11, 2012
I still cant get my tracking number to work on the Royal Mail site - even though Cathy has confirmed to me that it has been shipped! MikeStan, if you flash yours with the rom you provided in the link let us know how you get on, might be interested in doing it myself.

JuneBar

Apr 20, 2012
I have just ordered a ZTPad (1gb ram, 4gb mem, C71 version, and 4.0.3 android) from UK. I think this may be the same as UPad in States. Perfect quick delivery, fantastic support. As instruction manual is pretty poor, every single email was answered within 24 hours by Cathy with easy to understand help. Now solved my problem with connecting to my pc. AND instruction manual is actually on a PDF file which I downloaded to my laptop. Can't fault it at all. Loaded loads of apps, just waiting on the arrival of a micro SD. Have tried just about everything and no complaints. The company as far as I am concerned are fantastic and so is the TABLET. Am now waiting on release of firmware to be able to download BBC Player. Sync is wonderful because it works with my Google Chrome. VPN fairly easy to connect with the help of the company I have bought from. I am based in Spain so I needed VPN to get Kindle app as not yet able to understand Spanish books.
So to sum up, I couldn't fault them at all. They have obviously improved their customer service. I had read some negative feedback but felt that at £90 incl delivery it was worth a risk to get something as good as Samsung Galaxy. I also bought the leather holder with keyboard which was worth the money.

I have ordered a budget tablet from this website that I came across: Cheap Android Tablet, Cheap Android Phone, Cheap Car dvd Player. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them as there is no information about them online. The only mention of them online is their eBay store (which is currently empty).

I'm pretty wary, perhaps slightly too late, but I sort of bought it on a whim without considering the retailer. I know that they are based in China, that doesn't bother me so much, but their website and emails are full of typos.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Eallwealdend

Apr 15, 2012
Since I took mine into work (College lecturer, computing team) a few of my colleagues have asked for the website and are going to buy one. Amazing value and mine's nicely set up with loads of apps and games. I'm reluctant to flash the custom ROM as I've already put on the 1.1 update from Onda's Chinese website and it's even better than the 0.5 version that came with the tablet. I might get a 7" tablet just for my son as he's always asking to play on mine.

woody617

Apr 6, 2012
Quite amazing how many NEW first time posters have had wonderful service from Ebelking!

the question must be asked - is the Forum being spammed with DISINFORMATION?

I am with you on this one, after pages of complaints suddenly a page of top reviews, sound fishy to me. Also who is this Cathy I read about, is she another deceitful Chinese person employed to ignore the complaints and only answer the nice questions?
does she have a separate email address apart from the usual Ebellking address?

Status
Not open for further replies.