Has Anyone Dealt with ebellking.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

curlylu

May 11, 2012
curlylu, if you don't make a noise you will get nowhere. I'm amazed that this company is still operating in the UK, their operation here with all the attendant secrecy seems to be merely to keep HMRC in the dark about how they operate.

BTW their Cardiff number redirects to a webhosting service and their Slough number is a premium 0871 number.

I can't find any numbers other then one in china. Since I commented on their facebook page they have deleted my comment and removed the option for people to comment on the page.

J

jimbo7630

@ curlylu,They seem to rely on customers giving up trying to get them to accept responsibility. See my PM.

J

jimbo7630

@ curlylu, this lot seem to have a presence in the UK therefore they must be responsible to the UK regulators, their cloak of secrecy seems to indicate that they have something to hide from those regulators and more especialy HMRC, if you follow me.

leftygt

Apr 11, 2012
Hey Lefty, yeah i ran the re-flash i linked to and am extemely happy with it. it seems to me to be faster, more stable and i really liked to suite of s/w Roman included.

Obviously just make sure that you follow the instrucions to the letter! Apprantly they're hard to brick but i'd hate for someone to manage it on my account!

Thanks Mike, flashed it this morning and well impressed - its a pity I had such a bad experience with ebellking, I would have bought another 2 of these in a heart beat!!

subbu

May 16, 2012
I am really frustrating with ebellking purchase. I bought the NATPC M009s from them as i thought it would be cheapest one. But finally after 1 week, i received tabled and tried to turn on but it doesnt. I kept charging for 6 hrs but it doesnt turn on at all. I returned for them.

I bought it for 89.99.
I received it on 9th May,
I returned it on 11th may.
They received in UK address on 12th May (i sent by speedpost by paying £7.50).
they refuned £74.99. I mailed so many times no respond from them.
so logged dispute with PAYPAL as luckly i paid through them...it is still being dealt by paypal people....i have wait and see..

But i never going recommand ebellking to purchase any tablets from them....

PT3

May 23, 2012
A different experiance: I ordered a NATPC on Sunday - cancelled on Monday (not 100% happy with warranty) got replies to all my emails and now i have my refund by Wednesday, in this one instance i can't fault them (shocked).

Goldroid

May 31, 2012
Bit awkward....
I ordered on Saturday evening, but then found this forum and got a bit concerned.
I checked my main on Monday and didn't have a shipping tracker number.
Emailed them on Tuesday and got the automated reply.
Got in from work (Tuesday evening) and the package had arrived. Is what I ordered, seems to work etc (blue box, is very different from the unboxing video's on Youtube: as previously mentioned, is not an ipad, but does seem to have some potential).
Opened my emails to cancel out my request for the shipping number and they had already sent me the shipping number that I had asked for.
Seems to be luck of the draw, but no complaints from me.

gabecnc

Jun 1, 2012
so what do you think guys, should i trust them or not?
i'm thinking about buying a 8" tablet. And i found on their website a Onda vi30 ultimate that seems to have good specs for a 8" tablet.
Shall i proceed?

lizabethw

Jun 6, 2012
I am still waiting for a refund from this company since Christmas. The tablet got lost in the post. While tracking it communications from the company were adequate. They got refunded by the postal company and as soon as I started to chase my refund all communications went unanswered even the formal legal action ones. I have decided to let this go and leave the justice up to God. I sort legal advice but it's not worth my time to pursue this I have more productive tasks to do. If you want to do business with a company with these morals then it is your choice. I have only posted this message to make you aware.

dafdad24

Jun 7, 2012
Ordered 2 Onda Vi40 Elite tablets on friday morning. Recieved them 6 o'clock Tuesday evening. I haven't seen them yet as I'm on an oil rig in the north sea but my wife says they are fine, except that the chargers aren't up to much.

badjohnbad

Jun 8, 2012
I ordered a NATPC knight on sunday (c. £140) from ebellking. Went on this website after ordering to see a load of unhappy customers, and I guess I was mildly concerned. I'm happy to report that everything was fine. I had to get the address changed so sent them a quick email. The infamous Cathy got back to me within a few hours to tell me that that was okay and they sent it as an engineering sample from Hong Kong via DHL. Order placed late on Sunday, dispatched from HK on Wednesday, arrived at my work today (Friday). Almost perfect, I did have to give DHL a quick ring to confirm that it was an engineering sample and to tell them whether or not it would be tested to destruction (I said no).

The tablet's a good build quality, rooted out of the box, english language version of ICS and the exact spec that they quoted on the website. I can't run setCPU on it right now (it crashes), but I'm not that concerned about that really. I'll probably look at replacing the kernel in due course (I like tinkering:). Haven't found anything that doesn't work yet (the camera's crap, but who really uses a 10" tablet as a camera?)

For what it's worth, if you read down to the end of this thread with a deepening sensation of dread in your stomach, it's probably not that bad. I'd probably use them again:)

Scrubmuncher

May 6, 2012
Ordered 2 Onda Vi40 Elite tablets on friday morning. Recieved them 6 o'clock Tuesday evening. I haven't seen them yet as I'm on an oil rig in the north sea but my wife says they are fine, except that the chargers aren't up to much.

Dont tell me, they stick out by about 4mm? I have to question this if ONDA are producing these things then surely they would also buy or make chargers that fit.

Scrubmuncher

May 6, 2012
I am poised to order a tablet and came across EBellKing - a bit of cursory investigation reveals this forum.
Sounds like many people are satisfied with their bargain.

Good to see the UK returns address here. I had emailed twice asking for this info and got stonewalled.

Seems like if you order - and your machine is OK - everyone is happy.

No-one seems to have reported a problem after a few weeks of receipt and within the "12 months warranty period" so I am intrigued as to how robust this is.
Is everyone effectively getting a bargain without a warranty?

Also I am pretty sure there is a VAT fraud issue with this kind of business model - so I wonder how long the loop hole will be open

Be aware if you return the unit to the uk address and pay through PayPal this makes PayPal cover void, you must follow the returns address registered which is china, and will cost you an arm and a leg. He tried to get me to return it to a uk address but I spoke with PayPal and they made me aware of this kind of trick/error/'misunderstanding'.

Scrubmuncher

May 6, 2012
so what do you think guys, should i trust them or not?
i'm thinking about buying a 8" tablet. And i found on their website a Onda vi30 ultimate that seems to have good specs for a 8" tablet.
Shall i proceed?
That is your decision

Last edited:
May 28, 2012
hi i bought a tablet from ebellking in march only used it three times for my little girl to watch movies wish had not as it is broke display screen is blank i have tried contacting ebellking i was in talk with them by email could not help kept on replying to me we will get back to you with in 72 hours i am still under warrenty but thay do not care t5his is the worst company i have ever delt with please stay clear ?

Status
Not open for further replies.