Has Anyone Dealt with ebellking.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spuddy01

Apr 24, 2012
Well I just received my Tab Ployer Momo 11 from this company and to be honest I had ordered it on the 17th of april then started reading this thread and I got a little bit worried to say the least!! I emailed them last night & got a response from Cathy with my tracking number for DHL checked it out and was happy to see it was on it's way to me today :).
I know it's my 1st post so I'd be skeptical too but they delivered what I ordered so I am Happy. Now im off to see what info I can get from this forum and really get to grips with my tab :)

leftygt

Apr 11, 2012
OK, its been 9 days since I got my Royal Mail tracking number from Cathy, postman has been and gone - still no tablet, tracking number still doesn't work either. I buy most my online purchases from the UK, they never take this long. I have emailed Cathy to inform her that I will be filing a claim with paypal resolution centre and seeking a full refund. The communication from this company has been deplorable, just being palmed off with the same email in broken english. I would advise against using them.

leftygt

Apr 11, 2012
quick update. I actually rang Royal Mail's customer service and they confirmed that the number cathy provided is indeed a Royal Mail tracking number. They also confirmed that the parcel has not yet been collected/handed over to or by Royal Mail. THIS COMPANY CONDUCT THIER BUSINESS BASED ON LIES AND MISS-TRUTHS - STAY AWAY!!!!!!

Eallwealdend

Apr 15, 2012
I am with you on this one, after pages of complaints suddenly a page of top reviews, sound fishy to me. Also who is this Cathy I read about, is she another deceitful Chinese person employed to ignore the complaints and only answer the nice questions?
does she have a separate email address apart from the usual Ebellking address?

I'm a new poster here because I've just bought a tablet and the thread is about Ebellking. I guess I was one of the lucky ones. A colleague of mine bought one online a few days ago so let's see if she is lucky too! She said she'd take the risk as they took PayPal

I would also say that not everyone who has bought a tablet off them will have posted here i.e. just a few. People tend to post to complain not praise. So this thread may be biased in a negative way.

I've no dealings with other similar sites so I couldn't recommend any others. I'm sorry that some on here have had poor service from them, but until they pay me a wage I certainly don't work for them.

P.S. I noticed a user called 'ebellking' was reading this thread the other day!

west_coast

Apr 26, 2012
In my experience this company is a total disaster. Tablet arrived poorly packed and broken, and, while it was eventaually relaced they did not recompense me for my postage sending back their faulty item. Also, they do not reply to any emails and just stone wall you.

While the product may look exciting and low cost ...you are taking quite a risk dealing with them. My advice would be to look elsewhere, pay the premium for a quality product and service.

leftygt

Apr 11, 2012
After starting the paypal dispute I was contacted by Alex, who apologised and assured me the tablet was posted monday and the next day I received a tracking number that worked! The tablet arrived yesterday, works perfectly and I'm chuffed with it. Ebellking's biggest problem seems to be communication. Would I deal with them again? I dont know - I'm probably going to buy another 2 of these devices............I'd have to think long and hard!

Eallwealdend

Apr 15, 2012
Great to see you finally got yours leftygt, I was just looking and it took 8 days from original order to me receiving the tablet. I'd use them again purely on cost grounds but does anyone know of any other similar sites that match for price with good reviews?

MikeStan

Apr 17, 2012
I am with you on this one, after pages of complaints suddenly a page of top reviews, sound fishy to me. Also who is this Cathy I read about, is she another deceitful Chinese person employed to ignore the complaints and only answer the nice questions?
does she have a separate email address apart from the usual Ebellking address?

Hello mate, i assure you i have no interest in their success / failure or any affiliation with the company, just thought it was worth telling my tale.

Several of my frends now want to pick on up and i've told them that they do so at their own risk, Ebellking has a lot of detractors and while i was ready to take a punt they may not wish to do so!

MikeStan

Apr 17, 2012
I still cant get my tracking number to work on the Royal Mail site - even though Cathy has confirmed to me that it has been shipped! MikeStan, if you flash yours with the rom you provided in the link let us know how you get on, might be interested in doing it myself.

Hey Lefty, yeah i ran the re-flash i linked to and am extemely happy with it. it seems to me to be faster, more stable and i really liked to suite of s/w Roman included.

Obviously just make sure that you follow the instrucions to the letter! Apprantly they're hard to brick but i'd hate for someone to manage it on my account!

tc37

May 3, 2012
One of the worst companies operating. Yes China, but also "UK returns address" . This turns out to be a Mailbox site, 3 The precinct, High St Egham Surrey TW20 9HN. Returns are picked up by a Mr Xzhang from time to time, quite who signs for returns seems to be the Mailbox receptionist? Certainly not to be recommended, and using Paypal not a great assistance. Products suggested by many purchasers to not be what it said on the tin!! Best of luck.

totesmate

May 8, 2012
One of the worst companies operating. Yes China, but also "UK returns address" . This turns out to be a Mailbox site, 3 The precinct, High St Egham Surrey TW20 9HN. Returns are picked up by a Mr Xzhang from time to time, quite who signs for returns seems to be the Mailbox receptionist? Certainly not to be recommended, and using Paypal not a great assistance. Products suggested by many purchasers to not be what it said on the tin!! Best of luck.

I am poised to order a tablet and came across EBellKing - a bit of cursory investigation reveals this forum.
Sounds like many people are satisfied with their bargain.

Good to see the UK returns address here. I had emailed twice asking for this info and got stonewalled.

Seems like if you order - and your machine is OK - everyone is happy.

No-one seems to have reported a problem after a few weeks of receipt and within the "12 months warranty period" so I am intrigued as to how robust this is.
Is everyone effectively getting a bargain without a warranty?

Also I am pretty sure there is a VAT fraud issue with this kind of business model - so I wonder how long the loop hole will be open

Eallwealdend

Apr 15, 2012
I am indeed satisfied with my bargain tablet, and so are my colleagues who have bought one too. We are all technical types who would be fine sorting any software issues out. The goods come 'postage free' and I guess that there is a customs workaround as we surely would be subject to a fee otherwise, unless it is included in the price? This may be closed at some point but for now enjoy it.

I've not had to call upon their 'customer service', and fingers crossed I don't. I guess it's only like buying second-hand off eBay, you take your chances. What I can definitely say is that I ordered an Onda vi40 and that is what I got. I'm not sure where the "Products suggested by many purchasers to not be what it said on the tin" comes from. Reading this thread it looks to me like they are just not very good at communication, and so when things go wrong the customer is left in the dark. I was lucky, and glad I ignored much of the 'advice' going around. I would have paid up to an extra £70 to get one from a 'safe' supplier, definitely not in my budget!

curlylu

May 11, 2012
Does anyone have a telephone number for this company, the only one I can find is for their China office. I purchased a tablet in february and it is now faulty. I have emailed them directly, emailed through contact us on their website and left a message on their facebook page but had no response at all. I am not sure what else to do.

J

jimbo7630

curlylu, if you don't make a noise you will get nowhere. I'm amazed that this company is still operating in the UK, their operation here with all the attendant secrecy seems to be merely to keep HMRC in the dark about how they operate.

BTW their Cardiff number redirects to a webhosting service and their Slough number is a premium 0871 number.

shepsterboy

May 11, 2012
Hi,

Bought a ZT 280. Came pretty much as expected time wise and initially all looked good. However, it does not like You tube, plays 10 seconds of a video then buffers. Once it does this, I cannot then get on other websites; so have to turn wi fi off and on again. Is this a common problem - main reason I bought it was to watch you tube. Other computers in the house do not have this problem so thinking it ha a fault

Status
Not open for further replies.