Having issues going to full web sites

daveham7

Jul 26, 2011
I'm having issues going to full web sites instead of the mobile version even with settings set to desktop. Any suggestions?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
This has been covered before. Search the forums.
Try Viewing Mode Dekstop in Advanced setting.

However not all web sites honor this, and they send you what they think you need.

You can get around that permanently (or until the next reboot anyway)

Here is how:
Open your stock browser
Type about:debug in the URL window and hit enter (nothing appears to change)
Hit the menu button top right
Click settings
Click debug in the left menu
Click UAString (second from the top)
Click desktop
That is it. Now every site you visit will automatically go to the regular version instead of the mobile version.

androidnewb

Jun 22, 2011
In 3.1 you can go into your browser settings, click on advanced, click on viewing mode, and select desktop. That should resolve the issue, just make sure that your bookmarks aren't set as mobile ones. :p

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
In 3.1 you can go into your browser settings, click on advanced, click on viewing mode, and select desktop. That should resolve the issue, just make sure that your bookmarks aren't set as mobile ones. :p

Except that does not always work. Some web sites detect that you are running a mobile device and force you to their mobile website. In those cases you still have to set the UAString (User Agent String) so that they can not detect you are running android.

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
So, if I've both the debug and advanced settings, I should get rid of my bookmarks? I tried that w/ syfy.com and it still sent me mobile.
Thanks

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
So, if I've both the debug and advanced settings, I should get rid of my bookmarks? I tried that w/ syfy.com and it still sent me mobile.
Thanks

Answered elsewhere.
Please don't ask same question on multiple threads,

greif

Mar 12, 2012
hi
newer user, i have acer a500. mine came with a google "window" but it has no url box to pe into, just the search box. i have dolphin hd also but it won,t allow me to type in the url box, when i click in it to type a search box pops up.
can some post a pic of how they do it?
thanks