Having Trouble Rooting my new Viewsonic gTablet

probikewrench

Mar 18, 2011
I've tried to follow all the instructions on rooting and installing a new ROM on my new gTablet, but I can't access the root file on my gTablet's internal SD Drive. This thing's driving me nuts. Any ideas/suggestions?

probikewrench

Mar 18, 2011
Which set of directions is easiest? I found one on here, one from the XDA-Developers site, and others elsewhere. What's best? Z4 Root/Clockwork Mod/Other? The last thing I want to do is screw up a new tablet and make it a brick.

probikewrench

Mar 18, 2011
I'll do that. I can download all the files, just don't seem to be putting them in the right places. I'm such a goof when it comes to computer stuff... I just want to get this crap software off this gTablet. Thanks for all your help.

probikewrench

Mar 18, 2011
Thanks for all your help. Re-read everything and found what I was doing wrong (named folders wrong when transferring). Got TNT G Harmony v.1.2 installed. Works WORLDS better than the stock software. Much appreciated.

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Thanks for all your help. Re-read everything and found what I was doing wrong (named folders wrong when transferring). Got TNT G Harmony v.1.2 installed. Works WORLDS better than the stock software. Much appreciated.

Glad to hear it!

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Congrats! Of course, now you are hooked!

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using the Android Tablet app!