Help Won't Connect to Wifi

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
And I am an idiot. I keep arning others about accidently deleting things they need and that is exactly what I did to cause my internet to stop working on the tablet. I am now back up and rocking along again.

Sent from my Flytouch 2 Generation 2 using Android Tablet Forum App

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
I have seen many threads with wifi issues on FT3/SP2, especially it seems with update 20110302. Some people report success with reapplying this firmware (Update #3). My friend has same issue, he will wait for next firmware. You could try rolling back to an older firmware, or wait for the next one (My pad came with 20110316 and I have no wifi issues, but I have not seen this firmware for d/l yet?!)
Anyways, hope you work it out.

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
I actually just reinstalled the update, and then didn't erase the necessary files. Mine works beautifully now. There is now another ROM (beta) posted here in the forum that I am going to tey after I get home: )

Sent from my Huawei Ascend M860 using Android Tablet Forum App

jwsmith9806

Apr 5, 2011
When I finally do get connected it works fine. I will figure it out soon.

if your phone connects to public networks but not your home this is most likely your problem and solution.............
the solution is simple, first go into your routers configuration find mac address for your device then the ip your router is issuing to your device make sure the router's ip or any other device on your network, is not the same, if it is give your router a different address,ortry giving your phone a static ip, when two devices have the same ip,this causes conflict....this was my problem on my android phone, huawei accend 860 and i tried everything i discovered this on my own... it works!!!

Last edited:

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
if your phone connects to public networks but not your home this is most likely your problem and solution.............
the solution is simple, first go into your routers configuration find mac address for your device then the ip your router is issuing to your device make sure the router's ip or any other device on your network, is not the same, if it is give your router a different address,ortry giving your phone a static ip, when two devices have the same ip,this causes conflict....this was my problem on my android phone, huawei accend 860 and i tried everything i discovered this on my own... it works!!!

Glad to see I am not the only one using the Ascend. Hope you are loving yours too. But the wifi connection problem with my tablet was carelessness on my part. I accidently deleted a couple of files I needed. Oops. Thank you for the info about the IP address thing, I have placed that on my troubleshoot checklist.