Honeycomb 3.2 arrived.

StoneKy

Jul 30, 2011
Would be helpful when posting that you received the 3.2 update, to add your location.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
From another forum, posted 9-14:
ust to let you know today Acer will be Pushing the Updates out for the A500 and the A501 in Batches of 1000 per day so it will not overload the servers, as for people asking why the A501 didn't get the Update to 3.1 (still on 3.01) they will go straight to the 3.2 update, not sure why they have chosen not to send the 3.1 on the A501... so will start for today

1000 per day?

That't can't possibly be right. It would take 3 years to update all of the tablets sold at that rate.

They have already stated in the press that they have sold well over a million A500.

As of June 15th they stated:

“We have adjusted internally our estimate for tablet shipments, which will be around 2.5 million to 3 million units this year, ” Acer President Jim Wang said, “We have sold nearly 800,000 tablet PCs in the second quarter, our shipments of tablets will remain at the same level in the third quarter as our new 7-inch tablet device will be launched during the period.” He was talking to reporters at the annual shareholders meeting of Acer held at Taipei, China.

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
They have already stated in the press that they have sold well over a million A500.

As of June 15th they stated:

Is that number just the A500/501?
From what I've seen on their site, they include the Iconia and W500 in there tablet PC family.
I'm not looking to start trouble, I'm actually curious. If that number's just A500, Damn Skippy!!!
If it's a total for the family, I'd like to see a break down of product lines (not from you, of course).
I went looking for the link in the press room, do you know where it is?

I'm going by your quote, not the A500 statement.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Can't be sure if it includes the A500, A501, W500, or not. It was just a quote at the shareholders meeting in Taiwan.

I can't imagine they sold many W50x models anywhere, and most of the sales of A501 seem to come from Australia.

(Nobody in the US can afford the data plan that our carriers charge).

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
Yup, data plans suck. I have the "last" unlimited plan offered on my Droid X2. I found out that if I turn on my wifi hot spot (even by accident) I automatically get bumped to a paid with no ability to go back.

I'm sure this can be circumvented by rooting 1 of the devices, but I'm no where near there. ;)

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
This is the advantage of A nexus one.

My carrier (AT&T) can't even tell if I use it to make a wifi hot spot. They literally have no way to know as long as I don't gobble down huge chunks of data. (I have unlimited, but AT&T says anyone in the top 5% of high-data users, even if unlimited, will get throttled down).

SAMTHEMAN888

Jul 26, 2011
U.S.A........still nothing.......meh well what is the smart phone resizing? I think its the ablitiy to the take the apps that are a small reseloution and make them bigger for the tablet (once again, I think, and hope that's what it is) can anyone confrem this?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

svchost

Aug 26, 2011
I bet that America gets this update last, proving once again that foreign tech companies no longer care about their largest market. Well, Acer, you have until midnight tonight, and if I don't have my update, I'm selling my tablet and buying a transformer.

KUndo

Sep 16, 2011
I bet that America gets this update last, proving once again that foreign tech companies no longer care about their largest market. Well, Acer, you have until midnight tonight, and if I don't have my update, I'm selling my tablet and buying a transformer.

Not really sure what you meant by foreign tech companies since Canada is getting the update as we speak. I got mine at 4 pm. USA isnt Acer's biggest market. With Australia having one of the best data packs out there I would assume Tablets are a hot commodity

ball0fire

May 29, 2011

mad much? do you even know what 3.2 does? is your iconia in such a state that it cant do what its suposed to do?

the world needs to chill out and relax a bit

Grug

Aug 15, 2011
If you think that the USA is the largest market you are mistaken. It might be for ipads but it isn't for the a500.