Honeycomb 3.2 arrived.

Sewal46

Sep 16, 2011
My update notification was on the screen when I woke my tablet at 6.30am September 17 (this morning) in Brisbane Australia. Update ran smoothly. No problems since.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

svchost

Aug 26, 2011
It may not be the country with the most A500s per capita, but with a population of 320 million, its almost certain to have had more sales than countries like Australia or Canada, which together just about make up 50 million, if I remember my population figures correctly.

thefez

Sep 17, 2011
Just checked and no 3.2 update in Boston yet. For those who have received it, have you tried Netflix and if so does it now work? My understanding is it is supposed to work on the upcoming A501 that ships with 3.2 so I am assuming it will work on the A500 once the 3.2 update is installed.

Sewal46

Sep 16, 2011
One change I have noticed is that the tablet will now read USB drives formatted in NTSB.

dauthi

Aug 1, 2011
Got mine this morning (Canada). Took a few goes, make sure your screen time out is set to 30 min or you could get a corrupt file.

Jul 30, 2011
Got mine this morning (Canada). Took a few goes, make sure your screen time out is set to 30 min or you could get a corrupt file.

Not sure what you mean by "corrupt file", but yes, my screen timeout was set to 2 mins and I have been trying to download and install the update about 4-5 times till now. It reaches to about 95% and then restarts...over and over again! Quite irritating actually.

Aside from the screen timeout, I also cleared the System Updater and rebooted (I was advised to do so by someone on another forum) but that too did not work.

I'll give your suggestion a shot. But if that fails, I don't know what else to do! Suggestions?

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
If you think that the USA is the largest market you are mistaken. It might be for ipads but it isn't for the a500.

Yeah, A500 is extremely popular in Oz. I have had mine for awhile now.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I got it but it says that invalid download

My daughter has the same problem with hers. I wonder if the download has been corrupted so how. Mine downloaded and installed fine just 12 hours before. Hello ACER, can we get this checked?

svchost

Aug 26, 2011
Yeah, A500 is extremely popular in Oz. I have had mine for awhile now.

Irrelevant, it would have to be 14 times as popular in Australia than it is in America to sell as many units, based on population sizes of the two countries and I just don't believe that is the case.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Irrelevant, it would have to be 14 times as popular in Australia than it is in America to sell as many units, based on population sizes of the two countries and I just don't believe that is the case.

Well I suppose you are correct - if you were doing a per head of population count - in pure numbers. But we were not referring to that but as a ratio - ie equate - like they do when they compare crime rate or learning stats.

othernthan that I agree with you.