Honeycream to Alpha 2

rgc6789

Apr 8, 2011
My wifi is working fine, but keep in mind that as soon as you do it, you will get immediate fc. Don't even try to keep closing them as it will popup immediately again. Just reboot.

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
My wifi is working fine, but keep in mind that as soon as you do it, you will get immediate fc. Don't even try to keep closing them as it will popup immediately again. Just reboot.

Thanks. It's funny you said that because I tried this few months ago with my coby and the same exact thing happened. Ever since then, the battery life has been a little bit better. I also wanna try to disable the mobile data this evening...that might help or may break the wifi.

UPDATE: It worked like a charm. Just to test, I rebooted it about 5 times and did not have to use the airplane mode fix at all...at least the wifi issue is now fixed. I also disabled mobile data/vm/mms services with no ill effects! I'm hoping this helps with battery life. it's been pretty bad on honeycomb so far. I'm now messing with the auto memory manager to see if I can tweak it enough to keep the background apps closed without causing any other issues. So far I've been able to free up 260mb of ram after boot, which helps it run much smoother. Was down below 100mb before...

Last edited:

rgc6789

Apr 8, 2011
Great! If we can get a few more testers to verify this maybe the wifi issue can be put to bed.

Sent from my Bottle of Smoke using Android Tablet Forum

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
OK, I'm a-testing. ;)

BTW, all this hopping between here and slatedroid has me confused. Why don't you guys stick with a screename! LOL

EDIT: Darn, woke up this morning with the wifi "error". :( Rebooted, but still had the error.

-Matt

Last edited:

rgc6789

Apr 8, 2011
OK, I'm a-testing. ;)

BTW, all this hopping between here and slatedroid has me confused. Why don't you guys stick with a screename! LOL

EDIT: Darn, woke up this morning with the wifi "error". :( Rebooted, but still had the error.

-Matt

Oh no. Interesting.

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
OK, I'm a-testing. ;)

-Matt

I would prefer the same screen name but I screwed up when signing up for slate droid...sorry.

Sent from my Droid using Android Tablet Forum

rgc6789

Apr 8, 2011
OK, I'm a-testing. ;)

-Matt

sorry you still have wifi issue. good here.

I actually use the same login in both sires but slate allows you to set a screen name but at doesn't as far as I can tell. sorry to confuse you!

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I figured I would try 3.3, wasn't able to get it to boot up so went back to my backup of 2.2. everything I need works so I am happy.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Guys, you know I was teasing about the screennames, right? ;) I sometimes think it's an advantage to use different names on purpose...keeps people on their toes!

BTW, I must admit: stupid me, I renamed phone.apk, but not mms.apk! :( So I did both today, and will update with data later.

-Matt

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
I figured I would try 3.3, wasn't able to get it to boot up so went back to my backup of 2.2. everything I need works so I am happy.

Why are you using 2.2 if I may ask? Did you find it better than 2.4?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Why are you using 2.2 if I may ask? Did you find it better than 2.4?

My bad, I meant 2.4. I have been running that version since it came out and have had pretty much no issues at all the entire time. LOVE it!

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
Guys, you know I was teasing about the screennames, right? ;) I sometimes think it's an advantage to use different names on purpose...keeps people on their toes!

BTW, I must admit: stupid me, I renamed phone.apk, but not mms.apk! :( So I did both today, and will update with data later.

-Matt

I knew you were just messin around but I wanted to let you know the method to my madness:)

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
My bad, I meant 2.4. I have been running that version since it came out and have had pretty much no issues at all the entire time. LOVE it!

It is interesting that you said that because I keep going back to 2.4, then switching to 3.3 for testing and playing around. My 2.4 backup is rock solid too. Also, do you like the equalizer? I really wish they had added it in 3.3 but understand that it probably wouldn't be feasible. Thanks for the clarification:)

Last edited:

Adelamarc

May 16, 2011
Hey gang, just wanted to report that my 3.3 alpha is working great since I changed the phone and mms apk files. Had a couple of bad force close episodes as others had reported at first.

Matt: Yep I'm back to honeycomb, it just to alluring to stay away. :)