Honeycream to Alpha 2

rgc6789

Apr 8, 2011
OK guys, a4 is out and it is excellent. Stable, fast and pulse and news360 are working now.

StephenC

Jan 17, 2011
OK guys, a4 is out and it is excellent. Stable, fast and pulse and news360 are working now.

Just installed it! The boot screen is a lot better too.......so if you get stuck in a boot loop, it will not drive you crazy. :D

Last edited:

Adelamarc

May 16, 2011
Alpha 4 installed here, working like a champ. Just have the microsd problem as described by roebeet. Removing and reinserting does the trick. Took a minute to realize it worked cause the sd icons are gone in the tray.

Sent from my Bottle of Smoke using Android Tablet Forum

Adelamarc

May 16, 2011
I just installed over 3.3, no wiping. I didnt have any issues.

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
I just installed over 3.3, no wiping. I didnt have any issues.

Awesome thank you for the great info! I'll flash it as soon as I get home....

Sent from my Droid using Android Tablet Forum

StephenC

Jan 17, 2011
I cannot install Angry Birds on a4.0. Tried GAPPS Then Amazon, and the gtab fav page with unknown sources inabled. No error just message did not install. I was able to install other apps in gapps......

Adelamarc

May 16, 2011
My angrybirds got grandfathered from 3.3, i did just delete angrybirds seasons and reinstall from Amazon with no trouble. Maybe you can sideload?

A note on battery life: been going for 4.5 hours with moderate use and am at 45%.

Also got my first soft reset while posting.

Adelamarc

May 16, 2011
Angry birds seasons seems to have installed to my microsd, it wont install to the internal, very interesting

Edit: it did indeed install to my microsd. It refused to install while my microsd was unmounted. After installing on the micro, it copied to the tablet fine and worked on reboot with the microsd unmounted. Not sure why an app would try this, course it is an alpha.

Edit2: just saw your post on slate and Roebeet replied that he wondered if it was the sd issue again, so apparently this has happened on other builds/roms

Last edited:

StephenC

Jan 17, 2011
Angry birds seasons seems to have installed to my microsd, it wont install to the internal, very interesting

Edit: it did indeed install to my microsd. It refused to install while my microsd was unmounted. After installing on the micro, it copied to the tablet fine and worked on reboot with the microsd unmounted. Not sure why an app would try this, course it is an alpha.

Edit2: just saw your post on slate and Roebeet replied that he wondered if it was the sd issue again, so apparently this has happened on other builds/roms

Interesting After reading your post I attached microsd and Angry Birds installed....

StephenC

Jan 17, 2011
Another interesting thing....after reboot getting error not installed when trying to open from shortcut. No icon in the drawer for it. As well, not in the applicaion list. I reinstalled it opened it (played one level) and rebooted....same thing. Pulled out my microsd and plugged it into my laptop. Two copies of Angry Birds.....Tried to reinstall again without the microsd....no go....guess me and Angry Birds was not meant to be.....:cool:

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
I accidentally came across the ASUS Transformer Water Live Wallpaper for HoneyComb Tablet that someone decoded the Transformer Rom to extract it. I am not using the rom at the moment so I can't test. Not sure about the forum's policy with respect to posting download links. So, if any bright, young and adventurous BOS alpha users wishes to try, then PM me.

If the forum approves to post download links, I would.

Dave,

Adelamarc

May 16, 2011
Another interesting thing....after reboot getting error not installed when trying to open from shortcut. No icon in the drawer for it. As well, not in the applicaion list. I reinstalled it opened it (played one level) and rebooted....same thing. Pulled out my microsd and plugged it into my laptop. Two copies of Angry Birds.....Tried to reinstall again without the microsd....no go....guess me and Angry Birds was not meant to be.....:cool:

After AB installs to the micro sd, go to manage apps and select copy to tablet. Then it should work after reboot.