How to instal Tweak-PlayStore.zip

dnowz

Dec 27, 2012
hi guys,

im using 7032 and rooted it using Root and gapps by vampire (many thanks for that)

i encounter a problem with my 7032, i cant install some apps from google play, it says not compatible with my device,

so i search this thread and found Tweak_Playstore.zip,

i dont know how to install it in my tab, and i think i need the CWM (or not) which is i dont know how install?

anyone care to help?

(can i install Tweak_Playstore.zip without the CWM?) how can i do that?

many thanks!

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
You can break the files out of the zip and push them to /etc/permissions, and set permissions for the files using a file manager on the tablet. Don't push the build.prop or the framework-res.apk file unless you want trouble. For the build.prop, you'll have to create one using your tablet's build.prop as a base. If you don't want to copy files via adb you can unzip the file on the tablet using an app like Archidroid, then move the files into the proper place.

Without Clockworkmod, the file won't install as it doesn't have a Coby signature in it. Honestly, given the probability the build.prop would cause issues, this is a good thing.

dnowz

Dec 27, 2012
thank you traveller1701 for the reply

i just got nose bleed reading your post. ;)

ok, all i know is how to unzip and copy files..

i dont know how to build.prop from my current build.prob :confused:

do i need to overwrite all the files in the permission folder on my tab?

can i copy the permission folder on my tab as a back up?

how do i set permissions after copying the files?

sorry for the questions!

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
If there are duplicates I would not recommend overwriting the existing copies. But I do recommend backing up the permissions to your MicroSD before starting. Press and hold on a particular file to access the menu where you can set the properties.

dnowz

Dec 27, 2012
is it possible to brick my tab using this method?

when you say "Press and hold on a particular file to access the menu where you can set the properties." did you mean i have to go to file checksum and select md5 and sha-1 then press calculate?

do i need to do this in all xml files?

and thank you again.....

toxinjah

Dec 31, 2012
hi!!! im new here and also new for android devices.... i just would like to ask since dnowz rooted already his mid 7032 we do have the same tablet, if we install root and gapps on our tablet(7032) woul our previous files and apps be deleted? thanks!!!

dnowz

Dec 27, 2012
hi!!! im new here and also new for android devices.... i just would like to ask since dnowz rooted already his mid 7032 we do have the same tablet, if we install root and gapps on our tablet(7032) woul our previous files and apps be deleted? thanks!!!

when i use vampire roots and gapps i did a wipe/factory reset first before installing,

so make sure to back up all your files..;)

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
You press and hold each file on the tablet while in a file manager like ES File Manager. You should have an option pop up to set permissions. Set them to rw-r--r--. You could select all the files at once and change the permissions for all of them at the same time, using the file manager.

Just keep in mind that the XML files are only part of the solution. The entire reason the build.prop file is in the original zip is that the two work together to provide the maximum number of files in the Play Store.

toxinjah

Dec 31, 2012
hi is there any method accessing android system recovery on my tablet since i rooted my tablet when it turns on... doesnt have google playstore so i want to do again the rooting but when i access the system back.up and reset an error msg occurs "unfortunately settings has stopped" please help...

dnowz

Dec 27, 2012
hi is there any method accessing android system recovery on my tablet since i rooted my tablet when it turns on... doesnt have google playstore so i want to do again the rooting but when i access the system back.up and reset an error msg occurs "unfortunately settings has stopped" please help...

you can ES File manager then long press the favorite tab, you can now access the android system.

what method did you use for rooting?

toxinjah

Dec 31, 2012
hi! i use same method that you use root and gapps by vimpirefo...... i wonder whats wrong... anyways when you root our tablet after it restarts and open.... we should see google play store right?

dnowz

Dec 27, 2012
hi! i use same method that you use root and gapps by vimpirefo...... i wonder whats wrong... anyways when you root our tablet after it restarts and open.... we should see google play store right?

yes, google play should be there,

did you wipe data/format first?

i tried it 3 times and got it working on the fourth time.....

toxinjah

Dec 31, 2012
yes, google play should be there,

did you wipe data/format first?

i tried it 3 times and got it working on the fourth time.....

yes... i follow all the instructions... and when the 1st time i install suddenly i could not do it again since of the error, on my back.up and reset, btw dnowz android system recovery... press and hold favorite tab is not working, is there any other method? help thanks T.T