How to replace older versions of adobe readear in Coby 7042?

Enricus

Sep 18, 2012
Coby 7042
Just downloaded the last version of adobe readear (X) for tablets. It's very nice, but after installation it does not remain as the only one for openning the pdf files. When I tap a pdf, the older version of adobe comes up. So, I always have to keep openning adobe X and from there openning the files I want. I Tried to see if there was a way to eliminate or overcome the previous version that came with my tablet, but didn't find any option. Please give me a hand.

Very often, despite of the fact that the wi-fi trasmission is excellent, the webpages called from the tablet are not available. Seems to be something random, but very frequent. Am I missing some sort of add on or patch for the OS? I'm not enjoying the benefits of the connectivity.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
That Adobe problem is pretty strange. I would uninstall whatever Adobe is on your tablet and restart then try a fresh install again. As for the WiFi, if you long press the connection you can go to options - advanced and manually input the IP information. You can find out what that is from looking at a PC, Pick a fixed IP address high enough to be out of the way of other devices and be certain to also fill in the DNS information.

Enricus

Sep 18, 2012
Can I change my IP address with whatever number with the format XXX.XXX.X.XX?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Can I change my IP address with whatever number with the format XXX.XXX.X.XX?

Yes, but you will need to know what addresses are being issues by your router so that you will end up on the same subnet, (network). If your PC is using 192.168.1.10 you could use 192.168.1.120 as an example but you will also need the gateway and DNS information. You could find what your PC is using by going to a command prompt and typing ipconfig /all