How to set up DLNA (where a secondary laptop is the server)

Haisook

Mar 22, 2012
I've recently got the Sony Tablet S. In my home, I have a main PC with a wired connection to a router, and 2 laptops which are connected via WiFi. I want to set up DLNA so as to stream the media library on one of the laptops to the tablet. I have followed Sony's instructions by assigning the network as Home, and by enabling Media Sharing. However, I can't even find the tablet on the home network on my laptop (I can only see "sony-pc" in Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Media, which is the other laptop connected via WiFi), although the tablet is connected to WiFi and I can find it on the home network of the router page.

$ntwork.jpg

I'd appreciate your help.
Thanks.

Haisook

Mar 22, 2012
Nevermind, issue solved.

I only had to enable stream media via the internet in WMP.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Well of course that is all you had to do ;) Glad you were able to figure it out.

May 15, 2012
J515OP said:
Well of course that is all you had to do ;) Glad you were able to figure it out.

I have the same problem. Streaming is ON on Wind Media Player 12 but I still cannot see my laptop. Is there anything I'm missing? Does wireless security type has anything to do? (I use WPA2)

Haisook

Mar 22, 2012
I have the same problem. Streaming is ON on Wind Media Player 12 but I still cannot see my laptop. Is there anything I'm missing? Does wireless security type has anything to do? (I use WPA2)

Make sure sharing is enabled. For instance, right click on the music library and select Share With > Homegroup.

May 15, 2012
Make sure sharing is enabled. For instance, right click on the music library and select Share With > Homegroup.

Hi

I still can figure out whats wrong. My PC (in network) shows my laptop, my home theatre, buy it doesn't show my sony tablet s. (The tablet is connected to the same wireless network). Do I have to change some settings within the tablet?