Kinpad I600 7" Capacitive, Phone 3G GPS Wifi HDMI 2.2

ColonelZap

Sep 16, 2010
Ideally I (and plenty of others) want it to work with Google Maps/Navigation.

I'd rather use an offline navigation with all the maps already on my device. I don't feel like spending money on a 3G data transfer and in some areas I won't even get a 3G connection, then you are stuck with EDGE and that can definitely be too slow to be downloading the maps in real time :-(

eprom101

Feb 15, 2011
I'd rather use an offline navigation with all the maps already on my device. I don't feel like spending money on a 3G data transfer and in some areas I won't even get a 3G connection, then you are stuck with EDGE and that can definitely be too slow to be downloading the maps in real time :-(

Amen!.......

eprom101

Feb 15, 2011
I installed IGO and Copilot on my Kinpad. The GPS worked with IGO and found my location. I have not tried it with Copilot yet. So I believe the GPS is functional you just need software app to utilize it.

What type of GPS is IGO compatibile with? Is it available for download or is it a pay service?

Last edited:

Orson

Feb 23, 2011
Amen!.......

I agree but surely it depends on how often you need full GPS and the cost of the SatNav software. Having taken a quick look at IGO and CoPilot they seem to be about US$50 (which is a great price), but if I have a good monthly data allowance and/or only need GPS once in a while then Google Maps fits the bill!

eprom101

Feb 15, 2011
I agree but surely it depends on how often you need full GPS and the cost of the SatNav software. Having taken a quick look at IGO and CoPilot they seem to be about US$50 (which is a great price), but if I have a good monthly data allowance and/or only need GPS once in a while then Google Maps fits the bill!

I agree.....I use in car GPS to target my destination anyway and if I cannot locate an address with it, I can always jump on the 3G connection and check the address with goole maps. No biggie.......this doesn't deter me from wanting the kinpad. :cool:

Mr Dasher

Jan 8, 2011
I'm just wondering if any of you have tried installed another web browser on the Kinpad?

I find the default browser to have a tendency to lag and not completely render pages. Sometimes I have to kill the browser because the tablet becomes less responsive.

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
I'm just wondering if any of you have tried installed another web browser on the Kinpad?

I find the default browser to have a tendency to lag and not completely render pages. Sometimes I have to kill the browser because the tablet becomes less responsive.

I've used Dolphin HD. It seems a little bit bulky if you add a lot of extras to it but it work well.

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
I had a UID problem with my system this week and had to wipe it completely. I think its related to my SDCARD problem I've been having. Sucks because I'm traveling and I lost everything I had installed. No access to wifi or 3g so I'm just using it for ebooks and the few videos I had on SDCARD.:( Good thing I kept a copy od the update.swan on SDCARD or it would be dead until I get back.

Orson

Feb 23, 2011
I've used Dolphin HD. It seems a little bit bulky if you add a lot of extras to it but it work well.

I'm using Miren browser and think it's GREAT - check it out!

Yes I have to re-boot when browsing, less so with Miren, but not sure if this is related to having a poor WiFi signal (I think it's ok when I have a good or better signal).

Orson

Feb 23, 2011

I tried making contact with the Chinese re: GPS but no joy I'm afraid. Maybe Eprom can get a response from Merimobiles?

Orson

Feb 23, 2011
Has anyone tried the 2011-02-16 Update? If I am not mistaken my Kinpad didn't inform me about this release???

ftp://download:[email protected]

Edit: Sorry, my bad :-( I already have that one on my device, I must have totally forgotten about that update ;)

Where do you find the date?

I had notification of a new update today which comes with a new screen lock as default?

GPS still doesn't work though!

Mr Dasher

Jan 8, 2011
It's good to see that there are updates being pushed out. Means someone is still developing for the Kinpad. Now if they would only enable overclocking.

Changing the subject.

Has anyone tried the Samsung Galaxy Tab rubber shell? I'm wondering if they would fit.

eprom101

Feb 15, 2011
It's good to see that there are updates being pushed out. Means someone is still developing for the Kinpad. Now if they would only enable overclocking.

Changing the subject.

Has anyone tried the Samsung Galaxy Tab rubber shell? I'm wondering if they would fit.

Im sure updates will continue for this device. This unit was just released for public purchase. I think that it has been advertised out for less than a year. And selling to public for less than that.

Last edited: