Kyros MID-7015 and 7005 Ultimate Guide Discussion Thread

mookzilla101

Jan 5, 2011
new problem. i finished everything nd for about a half an hour everything worked. now the Market says a network error has occured and appslib just gives me a white screen. any help.?

VanCan

Jan 20, 2011
For those that installed the SDK Manager under Windows 7 64 bit, I need some help.
When I launch SDK Manager, I get a dialog box about the path being wrong to Java.exe
Java is definitely installed and I follow the instructions to force the path but this does not work. There are a few topics on this on the WEB about SDK and win 64 but so far no luck.

Anyone have some Ideas? This is not about the USB drivers as I haven't even got that far. (tablet rooted though using the simpler approach elsewhere)
Thanks

I also ran into this issue initially. The issue here is which version of the JDK did you install? Although you are running Windows 7 64bit, you need to install the 32bit version of the JDK. Otherwise, the Android SKD installer will not recognize that you have the JDK installed.

So for me, I uninstalled the 64bit JDK and installed the 32bit one then restarted the SDK install.

Hope this helps

willber

Jan 9, 2011
I'll give it a try.. thanks so much. Of course I loaded the 64 bit version but I believe it is broke do to the path naming convention is in error. I'll try the 32 bit version and see.

willber

Jan 9, 2011
Perfect that worked. I had to uninstall all JDK and Android SDK, then reinstall
jdk-6u23-windows-i586.exe
installer_r08-windows.exe

Works like a charm... thanks.

reliste

Jan 22, 2011
I had the same issue on Win7-32bit. First, I removed the SDK and then when I installed it, I did an "Accept All" and installed everything. Next, I pasted in the two parts of the inf file as instructed. The key was when I plugged in the unit and went into Device Manager, I right-clicked, update driver. HERE IS THE KEY -- I selected Browse for Drivers, then I chose "Let me pick..." and on the next screen I had to uncheck the box that says "Show compatible hardware" which shows more devices. Then I chose "Android ADB Interface" NOT "Android Composite ADB Interface".

Everything worked great after that. I tried the same thing before I uninstalled and reinstalled everything, so make sure you re-do the whole SDK part as I instructed.

Hi. I'm stuck at the same point and running Windows 7. When I select "Browse my computer for driver software" I don't have a tick box that says "show compatible hardware" - it simply gives me a list of device types. I also don't have a choice of selecting an Android device. If I point the device manager to the folder where the inf file is, it says "the system can't find the file specified". Any advice here...?
Thanks

Last edited:

Efferri

Jan 24, 2011
Just wanted to drop a quick thanks to all of you who tested and wrote these instructions. I was able to root and load the Google Experience onto my Kyros in under 20 minutes. I used the terminal app method and I downloaded everything to my SD card before I even began. Great job guys.

Unfortunately, I'm not within wifi right now, but I'll be sure to test Android marketplace when I get home tonight. Again... Thank you!

reliste

Jan 22, 2011
I used this forum and downloaded the tool on windows 7 after which my android is recognized by windows 7. Hope this will be help you as well. Best of luch

Hi rambg. Once you downloaded the apk files, where did you out them on your windows 7 device? Thanks

reliste

Jan 22, 2011
I know this is not a reply, but a call for help. My Kryos 7005 stopped showing video in youtube. Says loading video, then get sound but no video of the youtube program that is running. What happened? It will play the video on the tv through the hdmi but will not show video on the tablet? I could sure use some help

Hey Kitty777. You have to go to SETTINGS then SOUND AND DISPLAY then OUTPUT SELECT go into OUTPUT SELECT and select NONE. video will be restored.
Cheers
Richard

reliste

Jan 22, 2011
Hi Dino - and others.

Thanks for all the info. I have read every post but can't find a solution to my problem.

I have a 7005 and am going down the terminal emulator route. Rooting was fine and permenant, term em works fine. My sd card is labelled sdcard and I have the 7005/xa5 recovery image loaded on its root. I am following every instruction on the youtube video. SU goes in no problem (superuser enabled). I have double checked all the spacings but after the first line of code I get "failed on '/system/etc/install-recovery.sh' no such file or directory"

Using Andexplorer I followed that path and sure enough, there is no such directory. System/etc is as far as it goes. There are a bunch of other folders and files in there, but not one called install-recovery. I tried the flash_img command on its own and the tablet accepts that but when I type in reboot recovery (with the spaces) and enter, the unit shuts down. It doesn't reboot - I have to turn it back on and it fires up just the same as always.

I could use some help here because I cannot see what I am doing wrong.

Thanks
Richard

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Try holding the back button when you power up the device and keep holding it until it gets to the recovery screen.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Try the other buttons. One of them should put you into recovery and one of them will put you into fastboot/bootloader mode.