Kyros MID-7015 and 7005 Ultimate Guide Discussion Thread

reliste

Jan 22, 2011
Try the other buttons. One of them should put you into recovery and one of them will put you into fastboot/bootloader mode.

Yup that did it. Holding home and power brought up clockwork. Strangely the function of my buttons was reversed, so menu was the down key and home the enter key - something for other 7005 users to bear in mind perhaps. I opened the gapps zip and it all installed perfectly.
Thanks so much to all you pros who helped us newbs work through our problems. It has made a huge difference to my tablet.
Big thanks
Richard

Slinkydog

Jan 26, 2011
Thanks to everyone for answering questions regarding the troubles with the rooting process! I'm all rooted and enjoying the freedom:)

willieplas

Jan 28, 2011
Yup that did it. Holding home and power brought up clockwork. Strangely the function of my buttons was reversed, so menu was the down key and home the enter key - something for other 7005 users to bear in mind perhaps. I opened the gapps zip and it all installed perfectly.
Thanks so much to all you pros who helped us newbs work through our problems. It has made a huge difference to my tablet.
Big thanks
Richard

OMG THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

i had the excact same problem on my 7005, been reading forums all morning/day trying to figure out what the hell i was doing wrong lol but after this post, i ran a backup, installed the google apps, and setting up everything as I type :)

oh, one last thing... does anyone know is there is a good custom rom for the 7005??? i have CM7 on my EVO and i LOVE it , and lets be honest wow is the stock rom slow hahahaha

well, thanks to all you guys for the posts

Willie

cupstack

Jan 28, 2011
I finally got it finished. I only had two issues:
1. Installing the adb on Windows Vista - took a few tries but it finally worked
2. On the video it says, while in terminal emulator, to enter "mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /systemetc/install-recovery.sh.bak" then press 'enter' - I did this but got a message stating the file could not be found. I tried entering a couple of times but kept getting the same message. I decided to move on to the next step and everything appears to be working fine.

This forum has been a tremendous help.

rambg

Dec 7, 2010
Hi rambg. Once you downloaded the apk files, where did you out them on your windows 7 device? Thanks

It is a installable package. Click on the downloaded file and follow the Wizard. For installing APK files on your android, copy to a SD card and use filemanager of android to browse the SDCard and select the APK file you want to install on android.

grey

Feb 3, 2011
Newbie here. I got mine MID7015 yesterday and will upgrading/rooting it. I don't have micro SD card yet and I understand I need it in order to root it. Once I will do that does the card have to be plugged in all the time? If I replace the card with different one do I need to redo the whole thing?
MID7015 supports only 16 Gb or should I try 32 Gb?

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
You don't need anything to get root access.. Just download copies of SuperUser.apk and su and push them on to the device in /system/app and /system/xbin, respectively. change the permissions of SuperUser.apk to rw-r--r-- and su to 4755. You'll need to use adb shell to change the permissions.

netdogg3

Feb 3, 2011
Hi all I am new here and I am glad I found ya'll. I have a Kyros MID7015 and I see there is a firmware update at Cobys site. How do I install it? I downloaded it via the tablet but It wont open.

grey

Feb 3, 2011
There is video on Coby site how to do it. About firmware how to find out the version. It just named 'update' no version number.

alexiss77

Feb 3, 2011
just a question for the owners of the coby :
works smooth on the coby if i wanted to look some pdf files ?

grey

Feb 3, 2011
OK all work is done. The unit is rooted, android market installed. I had to spend some time with it. I couldn't complete the guide with android sdk version 9- computer just refused to recognize coby. I used the YouTube step by step guide and that worked nicely despite me messing things up a little bit.

kryosea

Jan 22, 2011
hi i bought a coby table kyros mid 7015 and root and install flash 10.1 and I can not see still see series online with the application of series android. anyone can help me

arthur1z

Feb 7, 2011
Heya, i did the Root Succesfully, but now, what i should do?? I'm a litte bit lost, Install the google experience package?
What comes in the Package??

Thank's

handsomhank

Feb 7, 2011
am using a 2 gig card not an 8 as mentioned in the video on Colby USA. Does this make any difference?

Message indicates update aborted.

My stats. Do the numbers below indicate that I have the latest update?

Mod is MID 7015
Firmware v. 2.1 - update 1
Kernel v. 2.6.29 Root android 2.1
Build number 1.6a_20101124-3

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks, Henry

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 11, 2010
Installing the Windows software and the ADB drivers, I got up to step 7, but I don't see the usb_driver folder. What could the problem be?