Lost Sound

Cutty1

Dec 18, 2010
O.K this Is finally Getting annoying...

I had sound on my Coby but when I had installed the Firmware upgrade from Coby USA I lost my sound....

I have tried everything ,I checked mysettings and everything is normal...

Should I call coby to find out what I should do or is it just a simple fix....

can someone please help...

Cutty1

Dec 18, 2010
No...

when I first bought it (Brand New) I had sound But the Sound wasn't that Loud...
When I had installed the Upgrade at Coby USA I seem to Have lost it...
I've had this Tablet for about 3 months now..
I have Watery installed in it and the sound hasn't come back yet..
I have never dropped it nor hit it off of anything..

so I have no idea what happened to it..

Cutty1

Dec 18, 2010
That's A Possibility....

But It's just funny that it worked when I got it a all of a sudden it stopped..
Thats o.k I bought battery operated Speakers from Walmart for $2

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
I've tried it the today OEM works great and I right now play music videos through ES File Manager full screen.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Yes I do.. I did! You need to wipe out the partition though a couple of factory resets wipe the cache prior to wipe the partition though. Just don't change anything in the OEM ROM just upgrade as is. If you do that you'll kill off ClockWork Mod. Trade off. I've made so many backups. But I doing and experiment. Frankly everything works no FC. I trying to see if I can just build ROM clean free for FC, glitches and stuff. I would like to get my HoneyComb at 100%. We have ammo just have to implement it. My task bar looks so great but like I had wanted just to make a quick patch so everyone can use HoneyComb on any ROM build. OEM, Rooted or Non-Rooted.

Too much left over code from everything on the tablet poor wipe method. NAND doesn't get 100% removed of the junk. Mirror images are left behind. The only to do it go under SDK and remove the junk. This junk get's all twisted with all these ROMs Then those errors on the screen. Funny how Gallery should work but never did. Under OEM you don't have these issues. Though 200 LCD is too big I can set it back 240. Trade off is the screen isn't as sharp.

Anyway I can still drop GE on it without using an update.zip, but you know that GE slows the tablet down uses a lot of RAM. The new Coby the 7024 has enough RAM to run everything. I might look at that until the price comes down some more. 1GHz I bet that runs at 800MHz to cut down on the battery.

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
You normally cannot lose your sound unless you blew a speaker or some physical component.