New Root/Full Working Play Store/Google Apps/Root-Explorer

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
I install the framework from sdcard. In system/app there is a phonesky.apk already there. I believe that I should delete it, but where do I find the proper phonesky.apk? I found one in the internet, placed it to system/app but it does not install for some reason. I installed the phonesky.apk already there (the old one already in the tablet) but I cannot install the market from your root package.

Sorry for the questions, but I have no clue on what to do.......:eek:

Is it Rooted correctly? Here is a link for Phonesky - Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: Phonesky_3.8.17.4-2.apk

You should not need the market as this puts one in, just delete the phonesky.apk already there and paste the new phonesky.apk in the system/app and shut down

drlemming

Jan 8, 2013
Hi,
I have a Onda VI40 Ultimate 32Gb and have been trying to get it fully working.
I have followed the instructions so far and got the latest firmware onto the tablet (4.1 Jellybean), but have struggled to root it. I got copy root.zip and factory_update_param.aml onto my SD card fine.
However I then hit a couple of issues
1) Managed to get into recovery mode and rebooted, but the files weren't picked up.
2) So I thought that I should have to apply the files directly by choosing the zip from one of the other options in recovery mode, but now I have found that the volume keys don't work in recovery mode (although they do in normal use).
Any ideas?

shebu18

Jan 3, 2013
Thanks for the file and info but my problem is still there. Reinstalled tapatalk and it tells me that me 7 inch tablet is actually 5.7. What dpi should i use?

drlemming

Jan 8, 2013
Hi,
I have followed the instructions so far and got the latest firmware onto the tablet (4.1 Jellybean), but have struggled to root it. I got copy root.zip and factory_update_param.aml onto my SD card fine.
1) Managed to get into recovery mode and rebooted, but the files weren't picked up.
2) So I thought that I should have to apply the files directly by choosing the zip from one of the other options in recovery mode, but now I have found that the volume keys don't work in recovery mode (although they do in normal use).
Any ideas?

Ok to update this
Using the instructions from iiDiabolusZz (thanks!), I installed an earlier firmware 4.0.3 (1.2rc2) and I had full control in the recovery mode, so I guess that there is a bug in the JB firmware for Vi40 regarding the recovery mode.

So using the root_gapps file, I tried installing it from recovery mode. It looked to complete ok, but I don't think it has done anything as I can't see root explorer, nor does Play Store work properly and the chinese apps are still there.

Does this method not work with Vi40 Ultimate?

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Ok to update this
Using the instructions from iiDiabolusZz (thanks!), I installed an earlier firmware 4.0.3 (1.2rc2) and I had full control in the recovery mode, so I guess that there is a bug in the JB firmware for Vi40 regarding the recovery mode.

So using the root_gapps file, I tried installing it from recovery mode. It looked to complete ok, but I don't think it has done anything as I can't see root explorer, nor does Play Store work properly and the chinese apps are still there.

Does this method not work with Vi40 Ultimate?

Hi, the JB will remove the recovery options selection, tho' on the v701 i can use the volume up key to move through them, when your installing the root file on ICS make sure you have the correct factory.aml file for the root as they are different also i have put a link below to a different root file, open it and put both root.zip and factory.aml files on sdcard and boot to recovery it should auto install.

JBroot-delete.zip - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com

Last edited:

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Any solution for the screen size problem?

Hi, i believe the problem is with how tapatalk is measuring the screen, your screen is 7 inch diagonal but from top to bottom measures just under 6 inch, minus the control bar which always shows gives you about 5.7 inch.

Last edited:

drlemming

Jan 8, 2013
Hi, the JB will remove the recovery options selection, tho' on the v701 i can use the volume up key to move through them, when your installing the root file on ICS make sure you have the correct factory.aml file for the root as they are different also i have put a link below to a different root file, open it and put both root.zip and factory.aml files on sdcard and boot to recovery it should auto install.

JBroot-delete.zip - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com

Thanks for that, but something isn't working, or I'm doing something wrong.

I tried this root.zip file with both ICS and JB and it didn't work. I also tried directly installing it from the recovery menu (in case it wasn't auto installing) but still no root explorer and all the chinese apps are still there.
I even tried your latest root file on the 1st page but there is a fault with it.

I'm at a loss of what to do next.....

Red7

Dec 26, 2012
Hi,
Any ideas?

I tried this root.zip file with both ICS and JB and it didn't work. I also tried directly installing it from the recovery menu (in case it wasn't auto installing) but still no root explorer and all the chinese apps are still there.
I even tried your latest root file on the 1st page but there is a fault with it.

Just to be sure, clear your memory card and put just the 2 files (root.zip and factory.aml) on it. Don't extract the root.zip file, put the zipped file on the card.
Boot to recovery and it should auto install, you won't actually get to the recovery screen.

If that doesn't work, try formatting the card first to FAT32 and try again. If that still doesn't work, try a different sd card. It seems that nothing is loading off of it correctly for some reason. When you got the JB/ICS updates to work it was only with the usb method right?

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012

Could you let me know what the fault is please, any error codes etc it gives thank you.

drlemming

Jan 8, 2013
Just to be sure, clear your memory card and put just the 2 files (root.zip and factory.aml) on it. Don't extract the root.zip file, put the zipped file on the card.
Boot to recovery and it should auto install, you won't actually get to the recovery screen.

If that doesn't work, try formatting the card first to FAT32 and try again. If that still doesn't work, try a different sd card. It seems that nothing is loading off of it correctly for some reason. When you got the JB/ICS updates to work it was only with the usb method right?

Ok, everytime I have tried there have only been the 2 files root.zip (unextracted) and factory_update_param.aml.
The card is fat32, and I tried reformatting again and another card and still no luck.
I have also tried changing what is in the factory_update_param.aml as the location was referring to /sdcard/root.zip as below
--update_package=/sdcard/root.zip

I changed it to
--update_package=/mnt/extsd/root.zip

as that it how it is mounted in the device.
Still no luck.

The ICS/JB updates, were applied by the usb method and they appear to have worked ok.

drlemming

Jan 8, 2013
Could you let me know what the fault is please, any error codes etc it gives thank you.
Ok, I had to go tback to ICS, so I could manually install the file (as it won't autoinstall) and I get the following

-- Install /sdcard ...
Finsing update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 6)
Installation aborted.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
I am downloading the JB firmware now i will have a look for you, it does say in the description from onda that it is to be flashed by sdcard, i cant understand why your getting "E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip" as it should not be looking in "tmp" for anything? I will get back to you one downloaded.