New Root/Full Working Play Store/Google Apps/Root-Explorer

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Hi, speedway, there is a lot of talk on the chinese forums about the same problems, most of them solved by flashing 3 times, if you tell me the file names contained in the ICS firmware package i will tell you how to get it installed.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
I have installed google service framework apk, but still no luck. I can access many programs and games, but not all.

I have also removed all Chinese programs with titanium backup.

You need the GoogleServicesFramework.apk and Phonesky.apk and Googleplaystore.apk, install the framework from sdcard then copy and paste the phonesky.apk to the system/apps, then install it, now go to your apps and you will see the playstore app, open it and set up the account once done copy and paste the Googleplaystore.apk to the system/apps and install it, should be working fully.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Hey,

I'm new to the forum, as in an active membership, I have read a lot of topics, skimmed most of them. My purpose was to be able to understand the Android operating system a little more then I did before. I bought a Onda V712 to get into android. Now owner for some days. Updated it to ICS thanks to DiabolusZz easily, many thanks for your *very* clear instructions :)

Then yesterday I noticed the Jelly Bean update from Onda for my V712 V2. Installed the firmware and bye bye functioning Onda V712. Well, it was working but... The battery drain is enourmous and my tablet wont charge on a power adapter, it has to be charged by my laptop. The worst thing is that when I'm working on the tablet while it's plugged into my laptop, it says charging but the battery is being drained anyway(even with wifi turned of and screen brightness on 50%)!
One thing that has been improved is the 'wake up' time. But, I recommand people NOT to update to jellybean yet, wait for another firmware because I havent been able to downgrade yet.

I get an error message which tells me the update I'm trying to update the firmware to an older version and then it aborts the update. Unfortunately I haven't had time to look for a solution yet, I will try to contact Onda. My hope is that their is some app or widget(could it be?) which doesn't work well with Jellybean that is causing this trouble, my second hope is that Onda will release an improved firmware update soon.

Tonight I will have a look for the possibility to downgrade back to ICS. Anyone has any advice on how to? Otherwise I will just google my ass off ;)

Thanks and hope to learn and share more in the future here :D

Hi, speedway, there is a lot of talk on the chinese forums about the same problems, most of them solved by flashing 3 times, if you tell me the file names contained in the ICS firmware package i will tell you how to get it installed.

speedway

Jan 6, 2013
Hey,

Thats funny, I was just about to go and try that way. I've tried changing the build ID and time in the 'meta' files and config files but that stopped me from flashing.

What do you mean by the file names contained in the ICS firmware package? You mean the files in the update.zip?

(Maybe it's best to continue about the Jellybean problems in just one topic lol :) )

Also I found out the xml file that runs the flashing on other tablets has a last step where after updating they empty the cache and then reboot. Worth trying that for anybody who flashes their product, could only make things better I guess?

Last edited:

shebu18

Jan 3, 2013
Hello, nice tutorial, i managed to update and root my V701. After i installed taptatalk hd it sad that i have 5.6 inch tablet and not 7inch. Is there a way to change the resolution or the density or anything?
Thank you

Hello, any help with my problem?

speedway

Jan 6, 2013
@Vortgrenade:

You dont need those files. You just need update.zip, its the only file you need on your SDcard.
Shut off the tablet, then press sleep button 5 sec, then press power button and sleep button 5 sec. then it starts recovery mode.. wipe the cache, media and do the factory reset and then select update from sd, select the update.zip and the v712 will update itself :) Afterwards, clean the cache and reboot (for firmware 2.0, you need to reflash your device 3 times!).

You do not need the patch.zip, this indeed are all the chinese apps. iiDiaboluszz has a package called "Root_Gapps_complete.zip" with this you get all the google apps, playstore etc.

WCK

Dec 1, 2012
"Finally I have rooted my tablet! It seems that for rooting Onda vi10 Elite (A10) you need to follow the instructions on the below link.

Root MANY ANDROID! [Upd: 18.12.2012] - xda-developers

Hope this helps other people with similar problems. Now I have to find a way to make market work........"

The external SD card slot does not work on my V711, so I may try this method to root my tablet. I have read the instructions on the site you provided and I have a question. Where did you find the drivers for your tablet?

Last edited:

kobien

Dec 22, 2012
"The external SD card slot does not work on my V711, so I may try this method to root my tablet. I have read the instructions on the site you provided and I have a question. Where did you find the drivers for your tablet?

I have found the needed driver in a russian thread for Onda vi10:

ONDA VI10 Elite

I do not know where to find a related driver for 711, or maybe the same driver can also work for you. You can try, but I would suggest to google a litle bit first or ask at the xda thread for your tablet.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
@Vortgrenade:

You dont need those files. You just need update.zip, its the only file you need on your SDcard.
Shut off the tablet, then press sleep button 5 sec, then press power button and sleep button 5 sec. then it starts recovery mode.. wipe the cache, media and do the factory reset and then select update from sd, select the update.zip and the v712 will update itself :) Afterwards, clean the cache and reboot (for firmware 2.0, you need to reflash your device 3 times!).

You do not need the patch.zip, this indeed are all the chinese apps. iiDiaboluszz has a package called "Root_Gapps_complete.zip" with this you get all the google apps, playstore etc.

You NEED the patch.zip file as it contains extra codecs etc, the root file removes the chinese apps and spyware, install your firmware as it should be installed as it will only bring problems.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Hey,

Thats funny, I was just about to go and try that way. I've tried changing the build ID and time in the 'meta' files and config files but that stopped me from flashing.

What do you mean by the file names contained in the ICS firmware package? You mean the files in the update.zip?

(Maybe it's best to continue about the Jellybean problems in just one topic lol :) )

Also I found out the xml file that runs the flashing on other tablets has a last step where after updating they empty the cache and then reboot. Worth trying that for anybody who flashes their product, could only make things better I guess?

I meant in the whole package, is your ICS meant to be installed from sdcard or usb program, the xml file is a script for the usb program if it is flashed by sdcard then the factory_update_param file wipes the cache etc so one wont work with the other. I have just updated the guide, this will get you back to ICS.

Last edited:

speedway

Jan 6, 2013
Oke, my bad. I'll let it be for now... And this weekend I'll do an extensive test on battery life on ICS and on JB. I'm really curious about the battery life of this thing... hehe.

Last edited:

JamesyD

Jan 7, 2013
I m not going to update my firmware on my Onda V812 just yet but I do want the root and google market fixes so when I extract the files root.zip and factory_update_param.aml to my SD card then boot up in recovery will it automatically install them or do you have to do each one individually like when updating the firmware ? just a bit confusing why some files install automatically and others manually in recovery mode. Cheers

kobien

Dec 22, 2012
You need the GoogleServicesFramework.apk and Phonesky.apk and Googleplaystore.apk, install the framework from sdcard then copy and paste the phonesky.apk to the system/apps, then install it, now go to your apps and you will see the playstore app, open it and set up the account once done copy and paste the Googleplaystore.apk to the system/apps and install it, should be working fully.

I install the framework from sdcard. In system/app there is a phonesky.apk already there. I believe that I should delete it, but where do I find the proper phonesky.apk? I found one in the internet, placed it to system/app but it does not install for some reason. I installed the phonesky.apk already there (the old one already in the tablet) but I cannot install the market from your root package.

Sorry for the questions, but I have no clue on what to do.......:eek:

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
I m not going to update my firmware on my Onda V812 just yet but I do want the root and google market fixes so when I extract the files root.zip and factory_update_param.aml to my SD card then boot up in recovery will it automatically install them or do you have to do each one individually like when updating the firmware ? just a bit confusing why some files install automatically and others manually in recovery mode. Cheers

It is a auto install, earlier firmware had to be updated by the recovery menu but lately Onda have been including the factory_update_param.aml file which they use in production.