New Root/Full Working Play Store/Google Apps/Root-Explorer

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
hi

I have downloaded the latest firmware for the v701 sophos has picked it up as a virus and I am unable to unpack any ideas what to do?

Turn off sophos, the firmware does not contain any virus only spyware, which i believe i have found all of it and once you follow the root section will be removed from the tablet.

kobien

Dec 22, 2012
Does your firmware file just contain a image file? or does it have the update/patch.zip files? Let me no the names of ALL the files you get in the firmware package.

My firmware file contains the live suite pack, the image file and some instructions in a word file. Following the instructions I have managed to upgrade to 4.1.1 using the live suite program through a PC. I now need to root my device somehow :)

Sent from my ONDA MID using Tapatalk 2

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
My firmware file contains the live suite pack, the image file and some instructions in a word file. Following the instructions I have managed to upgrade to 4.1.1 using the live suite program through a PC. I now need to root my device somehow :)

Sent from my ONDA MID using Tapatalk 2

Have you tried just the root section? The .aml file should load.

kobien

Dec 22, 2012
Have you tried just the root section? The .aml file should load.

I tried many times without any luck. The update process does not autostart. I have tried to manually update by running the root.zip file and while the installation seems to progress and finish successfully, the tablet is not rooted, the Chinese app are still there and the play store misses many applications.

WCK

Dec 1, 2012
Have you tried formatting the SDcard to FAT32? does it see the SDcard when in normal use?

Yes, I have tried three different FAT 32 formatted cards. The tablet does not see it at all. I also do not see it if the tablet is connected to the PC.

Thanks

ivystone

Nov 29, 2012
When starting to use this procedure to get the firmware at-Onda Onda Electronics (ONDA) I get an web page from Onda but not a link to software?

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Yes, I have tried three different FAT 32 formatted cards. The tablet does not see it at all. I also do not see it if the tablet is connected to the PC.

Thanks

Have you tried installing the firmware as it should be, with all chinese apps etc, then looking in settings under storage if it does not see the external sdcard it is a hardware issue and i would get in touch with the seller.

WCK

Dec 1, 2012
Have you tried installing the firmware as it should be, with all chinese apps etc, then looking in settings under storage if it does not see the external sdcard it is a hardware issue and i would get in touch with the seller.
I have not tried that. My son said that he tried to install the sd card right after I gave him the tablet and he could not get the card to mount. I am also thinking it may be a hardware issue. Do you know how to take the tablet apart? I am not adverse to taking a look at the card slot and see if there is a mechanical problem. I have removed the 4 screws from the back, but can't seem to figure out the sequence for removing the screen from the metal back. I do appreciate your time and help in trying to fix this.

Thanks again.

shebu18

Jan 3, 2013
Hello, nice tutorial, i managed to update and root my V701. After i installed taptatalk hd it sad that i have 5.6 inch tablet and not 7inch. Is there a way to change the resolution or the density or anything?
Thank you

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Finally I have rooted my tablet! It seems that for rooting Onda vi10 Elite (A10) you need to follow the instructions on the below link.

Root MANY ANDROID! [Upd: 18.12.2012] - xda-developers

Hope this helps other people with similar problems. Now I have to find a way to make market work........

Once rooted make sure you rid it of all the spyware as you will be getting passed through china with every internet search! To get the market working you need to install the Google Framework.

Last edited:

kobien

Dec 22, 2012
Once rooted make sure you rid it of all the spyware as you will be getting passed through china with every internet search! To get the market working you need to install the Google Framework.

I have installed google service framework apk, but still no luck. I can access many programs and games, but not all.

I have also removed all Chinese programs with titanium backup.

Last edited:

speedway

Jan 6, 2013
Hey,

I'm new to the forum, as in an active membership, I have read a lot of topics, skimmed most of them. My purpose was to be able to understand the Android operating system a little more then I did before. I bought a Onda V712 to get into android. Now owner for some days. Updated it to ICS thanks to DiabolusZz easily, many thanks for your *very* clear instructions :)

Then yesterday I noticed the Jelly Bean update from Onda for my V712 V2. Installed the firmware and bye bye functioning Onda V712. Well, it was working but... The battery drain is enourmous and my tablet wont charge on a power adapter, it has to be charged by my laptop. The worst thing is that when I'm working on the tablet while it's plugged into my laptop, it says charging but the battery is being drained anyway(even with wifi turned of and screen brightness on 50%)!
One thing that has been improved is the 'wake up' time. But, I recommand people NOT to update to jellybean yet, wait for another firmware because I havent been able to downgrade yet.

I get an error message which tells me the update I'm trying to update the firmware to an older version and then it aborts the update. Unfortunately I haven't had time to look for a solution yet, I will try to contact Onda. My hope is that their is some app or widget(could it be?) which doesn't work well with Jellybean that is causing this trouble, my second hope is that Onda will release an improved firmware update soon.

Tonight I will have a look for the possibility to downgrade back to ICS. Anyone has any advice on how to? Otherwise I will just google my ass off ;)

Thanks and hope to learn and share more in the future here :D