New Superpad User!!!

Discussion in 'Gome Flytouch II' started by atriad, Apr 30, 2011.

1. atriad

atriad Member

Tablet / Device:
    Samsung Epic 4g, Superpad 10.2"
    Heya Androidtablets.net

New user, first post...blah blah blah...

Ordered a Superpad 10.2 the other day, anxiously awaiting its arrival. Android Phone user (Samsung Epic).

Very used to linux/android, rooted the phone, yet not messing with ROMS, unofficial software/etc due to the fact I can't lose contacts, phone info, call logs, messages, etc...(phone is used for business)

Got a tablet so I can mess with this stuff without worrying of losing phone data.

Will I be able to throw SWYPE Keyboard on the device? What about Samsungs display manager? Upgrade to 2.2? (I have seen some success on here/xda in some searches, would love to get a native flash update).

Well I can't wait to mess with this thing, at US$170 you can't go wrong with these things, who cares for multi-touch and bluetooth (I own 0 BT devices, and multitouch would be nice, but I can deal).

Can't wait to test unofficial updates/roms/etc...

Paul

2. uplade3

uplade3 Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Flytouch II/SuperPAD Droid Charge/Razr, Galaxy S4
    We are currently working on 2.2 and are trying to get it perfect before a huge release. Maybe incremental releases. If you would like to help me translate the instructions that come with it to standard English, that would help because I want to get these instructions to be THE DEFINITIVE instructions that are for the SuperPAD

3. roja.romans

roja.romans Member

I wouldn't get the iPad right now, it is reaching the end of it's lifecycle (released almost a year ago, updated on a yearly schedule), so wait until the new one comes out and reevaluate. And the FlyPad II/SuperPad thing seems really sketchy.

4. atriad

atriad Member

Tablet / Device:
    Samsung Epic 4g, Superpad 10.2"
    So I got my SuperPAD today. Seems nice, haven't taken the shiny plastic off yet, though. Looks like a cheap ipad, just as I thought it would. I like the two memory slots, just put 2 cards I had lying around in it. A 4 and 8. It came running 2.2! It has pre-installed flash 10.1 can't find 10.2 on the market. I also am not fond of the ES Task manager it comes with. I did install launcher pro, and I like it more than that stupid iphone/ipad looking interface. Would like to get Samsungs UI on there, but I wouldn't know the first thing regarding changing your shell (provided it'll even work on this resolution). Swype will not work on 1024x600 either. Although I guess dragging your fingers across 8 inches of real estate sucks....

I am a little upset that android won't see Ad-hoc networks, and feel I need to root this to run the wpa_supplicant fix.

I haven't seen any posts regarding these devices showing up with 2.2, other than a FT3, yet that only has one sd slot. Anyone know what model this is? BTW this model says its a SAWEE10.

Would I continue to use z4root for this? I do not like the fact I can't connect to my Samsung Epic via Ad-hoc. Or is there a better way to root 2.2?

----

Three more gripes I have, hoping there is a way to fix this:

After not using the device (maybe after 10-15 mins) it turns off, requiring me to hold down the power key to start it back up. I like that it saves battery, but it kills a minute or so when I want to use it.

Wireless Seems to cut out shortly after connecting to a network.

And I can get into the G-Sensor Calibration, crashes every time.

Anyone else have these issues?

Thanks,

Paul

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  5. uplade3

uplade3 Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Flytouch II/SuperPAD Droid Charge/Razr, Galaxy S4
    Dang you got lucky! 2.2 preinstalled makes things easier.

Sent from my SuperPAD using Android Tablet Forum

6. chipmaster86

chipmaster86 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Sawee10
    Hi. I would like to help for the translations to English if you need help.

7. Appychappy

Appychappy Member

Tablet / Device:
    infotmic superpad 2.1
    you have to charge it up overnight before it will run anything
    It may be cheap but the quality is good.
    Lucky you , you got 2.2, I'm still waiting for google upgrade.