Overall experience with the Viewsonic Gtablet...

Adelamarc

May 16, 2011
I change roms usually like once a week, its addicting. I have to admit to the honeycomb addiction, i keep coming back to it. We need a support group, gtab honeycomb anonymous

Sent from my Flashback 7.2 using Tapatalk

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Of course they are trying to trick you :)
Let's see: in HC, no camera, no GPU accelerated, some apps works & most don't, erratic battery, no proper kernel, etc . . .and what's else ?
Leave the man alone with his new toy, will ya?

Boy, I have good laughs reading this thread. Thanks guys :)

Dave

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Of course they are trying to trick you :)
Let's see: in HC, no camera, no GPU accelerated, some apps works & most don't, erratic battery, no proper kernel, etc . . .and what's else ?
Leave the man alone with his new toy, will ya?

Boy, I have good laughs reading this thread. Thanks guys :)

Dave

indeed. I want to get CM7Tab dialed in first. Then I will deal with honeycomb.

sent from my CM7 Gtablet using Tapatalk

Fuzzracer

Aug 4, 2011
Im one of the tricked ones. The gtab comb rom I flashed is pretty sweet, Don't care to much for the camera on it so it not having a functioning one was ok, although gpu acceleration would be nice. man I was tricked hard lol

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
honestly I use the camera in my phone so for me I have never used the tablet camera,so no issue there. As far as GPU Accelation, I do watch some video, but this also hasn't been too much of an issue. I also change ROMS at least once per week, so there is always something not working.

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Fuzz and Paul, I think you guys have been had!! Lol. The HC has more issues than Playboy. VEGAn Tab and Icewyng's CM7Tab port seem a lot more stable at the moment. It kinda ticks me off that I can't get the market worked out. I am still working on it though. When I come up with a working solution, I will definitely post it here. I have had to "replace" my build.prop from the original file 10 times now (lol). I just can't seem to let it go. I want it to work too bad. :\ I will get it eventually. I had it working on the SuperPAD tablet, when noone said I could do it. So, now I am determined. I may just port over the Gingerbread build.prop from my emulator and see what I can get out of it.

Fuzzracer

Aug 4, 2011
there should be a HC detox program or at least a " I've been had by HC " support group as well lol, I love My HC rom and im sticking to it. I will go down with this ship, I think the part that really got me was the word " beta" that was attatched to the rom and that it was a 3.3 and not like a 2.1 beta. It gets me everytime :( good luck trying to get the market to work. you know my gtab comb 3.3 beta's market works very well maybe you should um well give in to the comb, you know you have thought about it more then once, just do it, join us lol

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Perhaps someone is missing a point or two here . . . LOL.:confused:

. HC rom's, either beta or alpha, have a few unfinished features. But the things that they have achieved, are well done.
. HC rom's, either beta or alpha, are as stable and functional as any Froyo & Gingerbread counterparts. With proper installation, and good selection of apps, the tablet is flying in full color under HC.
. Froyo and Gingerbread rom's are getting to be aged. HC's GUI put them to shame. Hence, most efforts, supports and discussions are on HC's.

Above are some of the reasons why people are excited about HC rom's. Either we call it 'being tricked to', 'misled to', 'brainwashed to', or whatever, HC rom's deserved the honor.

The door to a great rom is open, and many good folks have tried to point the way. LOL.:)

Dave,

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Perhaps someone is missing a point or two here . . . LOL.:confused:

. HC rom's, either beta or alpha, have a few unfinished features. But the things that they have achieved, are well done.
. HC rom's, either beta or alpha, are as stable and functional as any Froyo & Gingerbread counterparts. With proper installation, and good selection of apps, the tablet is flying in full color under HC.
. Froyo and Gingerbread rom's are getting to be aged. HC's GUI put them to shame. Hence, most efforts, supports and discussions are on HC's.

Above are some of the reasons why people are excited about HC rom's. Either we call it 'being tricked to', 'misled to', 'brainwashed to', or whatever, HC rom's deserved the honor.

The door to a great rom is open, and many good folks have tried to point the way. LOL.:)

Dave,

Dave, I have a few words for you that may excite you... Ice Cream Sandwich, aka Android 4.0. From what I have been able to see/read it will be a seriously impressive ROM. Especially seeing that it will be dual purpose..... ahhhh sweet.
I may flash Flashback this week. I'm getting tired of screwing with CM7Tab. Its great, but I'm getting over it. Mind you I've only had it for a few days (typing this makes me sound like Matt). I've officially had this tablet in my posession for what.... 2 1/2 days. Oh man, (breathing heavy).... I think I'm loosing it. You guys are rubbing off on me (smacking the arm for a vein)... alright, whew. I think I will give it a shot on Wednesday. Would you guys suggest I NVflash back to stock before flashing Flashback? Or, should I just go for the gusto and blow it right in there?

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
hhhhhrrrrrrrrrrrr.rrrrrrrrrrr.r.....r.r.r.rhm :cool: don't say that anybody twist your arm !:)

One other thing that I haven't spoken about is the support. You can post a question about the aging rom's and wait for days for a reply, if any. In HC threads, some answer would be expected within hour, or hours.

For proper installation, use option 3 then option 2 for the first time.

Dave,

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
hhhhhrrrrrrrrrrrr.rrrrrrrrrrr.r.....r.r.r.rhm :cool: don't say that anybody twist your arm !:)

One other thing that I haven't spoken about is the support. You can post a question about the aging rom's and wait for days for a reply, if any. In HC threads, some answer would be expected within hour, or hours.

For proper installation, use option 3 then option 2 for the first time.

Dave,

You may have to be a little more spacific, my friend. Where are you referring this reader to with the option 3 and 2?

*edit* found it. I had to go to SD to find it. I will return to stock then repatition for new install.

Last edited:

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Welcome to the honeycomb addiction!

Sent from my Flashback 7.2 using Tapatalk

Not there yet. I will keep you posted, for tomorrow I will nvflash! Then redo everything AGAIN!

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
HEY, some forum weirdness...not getting the updates on this thread!!! :mad: Well, just got the last two, but missed a lot of nice discussion.

I knew it was a matter of time, Mike. :) I'm curious to know what you tried to get the Market to work with CM7--we occasionally hear about Market problems with the HC ROMs, but those are usually solved by things like deleting the gmail account or clearing Market data/cache. But if you're trying FB tomorrow, maybe it's a moot point.

Anyway, ymmv but I never had Market problems (and a 90+% success rate with apps) with either BoS or FB.

-Matt

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
HEY, some forum weirdness...not getting the updates on this thread!!! :mad: Well, just got the last two, but missed a lot of nice discussion.

I knew it was a matter of time, Mike. :) I'm curious to know what you tried to get the Market to work with CM7--we occasionally hear about Market problems with the HC ROMs, but those are usually solved by things like deleting the gmail account or clearing Market data/cache. But if you're trying FB tomorrow, maybe it's a moot point.

Anyway, ymmv but I never had Market problems (and a 90+% success rate with apps) with either BoS or FB.

-Matt

Probably something to do with this breed of ROM. I've heard of market issues with CM7 across the board. I'm just fed up. I found alternative methods to get some apps, but its just too aggravating. After recently quitting smoking (cigs) I need a less expensive hobby. LOL.